• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Mass Effect 3 bought used: code already used: LEGIT answers

Tristan84

Registered Member
OK, yesterday, I bought Mass Effect 3 PC for $2.00 at a local used video game store, and I tried to install the game. However, the code was already used. I know some people are going to say I'm screwed. I just want some other LEGIT and LEGAL suggestions I mean, I don't know what else to do. You'd think that they would have to tell the store when they trade in a PC game like this that the code has been activated.

Tristan84

Registered Member
I see what you're saying, but where I bought it isn't GameStop. It's a local video game store called Gamerz Haven. They don't sell new stuff. here's their website.
http://www.gamerzhaven.com/
Also, their $2 PC games are non-returnable. Even if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't get much, if anything for it.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Seriously, you are screwed. It wasn't a good idea to buy a video game where you need a code to activate it. Also, if they ask the person trading it in they can just lie.

There is no way, as far as I know, to see if a code has been used or not other than to try and use it. You could contact the game studio and see if they can activate it, but I bet the local store isn't an authorized retailers so they won't do anything.

You lost two bucks. Just consider this a cheap lesson learned.

Tristan84

Registered Member
I pretty much gave up hope anyway. Thanks. For God's sake, I tried to get the same company, EA, to put The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection into my Origin library, considering the fact that I had registered a copy with EA pre-Origin. Wouldn't you know it, both codes were "invalid".