• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mason Ryan injured

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: Rajah.com

Michael Cole stated last night on RAW that Mason Ryan wasn't on hand for the event because he suffered an injury over the weekend. F4Wonline.com reports that Ryan suffered an injury outside the ring and will be sidelined anywhere from six weeks to six months.
6 weeks to 6 months? What the hell?

I assume we'll find more information soon.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
6 weeks - 6 months is kind of a strange guess, too bad for him. If the Nexus sticks around, they'll really need a new enforcer. Hopefully Skip Sheffield is ready to go and can fill that role.

Ryan just hasn't been doing that well in the ring, I keep hoping he'll get better and I was happy for his spot, but I'm just not sure about him.

Regardless, I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that it's closer to 6 weeks.

Ziggy

Sup?
Did his biceps explode?

That guy was huge.

I like they said "six to six months", how can you go wrong with such a large estimate?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Aw, that is bogus. What's with all these Nexus members going down? The long recovery estimate makes it sound pretty serious. Here's hoping for a fast return.

Now, do they replace him with someone like Brodus Clay (if he's done filming his movie) or Tyler Reks, or let it slide and make NN a trio, with only three weeks apparently left in CM Punk's (and probably the group's) story arc?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Aw, that is bogus. What's with all these Nexus members going down? The long recovery estimate makes it sound pretty serious. Here's hoping for a fast return.

Now, do they replace him with someone like Brodus Clay (if he's done filming his movie) or Tyler Reks, or let it slide and make NN a trio, with only three weeks apparently left in CM Punk's (and probably the group's) story arc?
I think Brodius or Reks would work perfectly if Skip isn't healed up enough...it's all so sketchy right now though, I mean the New Nexus could be over any day now lol.

I'm just wondering what's going to happen with Mason when he's healed...I could picture more time in FCW based on how he's been doing, but you never know when Vince will have "pet" big men that he likes and keeps going on the big shows.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I think Brodius or Reks would work perfectly if Skip isn't healed up enough...it's all so sketchy right now though, I mean the New Nexus could be over any day now lol.
Yeah, I didn't even think about Sheffield possibly being cleared. That would be ideal, I guess, for him to come back for the duration. It seems like a longshot hope, though with a major upheaval in store. They could find something else for Hennig and Otunga, if necessary. Maybe the Punk going rogue thing is simply a vehicle for the stable.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've never heard an estimate that large before. Mason Ryan definitely needs to improve in the ring, but the same thing was said about Batista when he first started. I believe that one day he'll be a champion, and won't turn out like Chris Masters.

I don't know if the WWE will look to replace him. The New Nexus have looked kind of meh lately and I don't know if Vince really cares about that stable anymore.

Ziggy

Sup?
Mason Ryan definitely has the physical attributes to be a World Champion.

He just needs someone to take him under his wing. Which is why CM Punk needs to stick around and teach him. I know there is only so much you can teach someone but just getting him to sell well and talk on the mic well would be enough for him to reach a very high level.

I like him just because he's probably the most intimidating guy on the roster. Except for like Kane and Taker.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
R Hockey 5
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 7
browneyes106 NFL 6
ysabel Birthdays 10