Mason Rejoins Ravens, Won't Retire

BigBob

Registered Member
You gotta add a little more to your posts then just a link. Like.. your opinion... the news feed in the post.. just saying.

I can't say I'm surprised. The McNair thing really effected him and I think it was a huge reason why he retired.

He think it was also a huge reason Favre stayed retired.

They both thought that there was a lot more to life then football.. but Mason decided he still had that fire to play.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm surprised he came back, hopefully he won't pull a Brett Favre every year and then decide to come back last minute.

But on serious note this is good news for the Ravens since Mason is still capable of getting the job done.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Mason wants a longer contract. He plans on playing at least this season and one more. He wanted the option for a third on his contract. The problem was that the Ravens weren't willing to give him an extension, so he retired to show them that he deserves the contract.

I think he's worth it. Two more seasons with the Ravens would be great for them if they could pick a speedy receiver with good hands in the next draft.

I was at their training camp last Saturday, from what I saw Demetrius Williams was racking in a bunch of catches. Problem with him is he keeps getting injured every season.