Masked Man on ECW

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Unity, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I guess WWE realized Hurricane Helms wasnt going to work but THE Hurricane would probably fly...I love the editing they did with that...hilarious.

3. Unity

Yeah the editing was hilarious...complete with the "swoosh!"

I went through a phase where gimmicks were completely crap to me...could be from the overload while growing up, eh? :p Now I'm in a good place in which it depends on the gimmick, how it's done, etc. The Hurricane is one of those things that people responded to and had fun with, and it's a good place for Greg Helms. I worry about his legitimacy and ability to get good title runs, but who knows what the future holds. And as a grappler I'm sure he'd rather cement a legacy as a great entertainer than be a ho-hum mid card guy who hadn't gotten anywhere.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Overload of gimmicks growing up for sure but I have a soft place in my for them. Like Goldust and Festus and crazy stuff like that. Wrestling is a freak show so why not!?

I hear what you're saying about Helms not getting titles because of the gimmick...something to maybe worry about. But with that said he did pin the Rock in the middle of the ring back in 2002 or 03 or whatever it was...so maybe he can get back to that.

5. Unity

I can see legit U.S./IC/ECW title reigns as The Hurricane...IF he has a future at the main event level, maybe he would then revert to his "non-character."

I really enjoy stuff like Goldust and Festus where it is a gimmick but it's more of it's own thing that evolves and entertains without being too constricted to a given typecast.

For me the stuff that works is like Hunter Hearst Helmsley - he's a wealthy aristocrat who happens to be tough and a wrestler. Stuff that doesn't work is more like IRS. Why the hell would a tax man be wrestling?!