Maryse blows out her knee?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: rajah.com

This is an eye witness account of something that happened at a house show so until WWE.com reports it take this with a grain of salt.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If this is true then it's bad news, she was actually getting a bit better in the ring, and she was getting more experience and she was developing even more. But like you said, this might not be true since it was at a house show, and wwe.com hasn't reported anything yet.

3. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I was just starting to get excited about Maryse, she's got some ability in the ring (a lot more than most of the divas on the roster) and she was really developing a great persona.

Hopefully it's not true.

4. Millz

I'm with you guys...she was starting to grow on me in the ring. Her cocky, heelish attitude was also very good. For girls to stand out in my eyes they have to be either good in the ring or have some sort of personality/charisma. She had half of it and was improving. Good luck to her.

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

WOW, I sure hope this isn't true. Maryse just won the title, and to lose it within the week must suck to the extreme. I hope she gets better and is in no pain. That is, if it's true.

And what is Funaki doing refereeing a match for?

6. Millz

Bad news...

WWE.com has released a statement confirming WWE Divas Champion Maryse's injury at a house show in Raleigh North Carolina last night. According to their report, she dislocated her kneecap. It remains unclear as to how long she will be out of action.

Here is their report:

Newly-crowned Divas Champion Maryse injured
    Written: December 29, 2008

Divas Champion Maryse dislocated her kneecap at a WWE Live Event this past weekend in Raleigh, N.C., just days after defeating Michelle McCool to become the golden girl of Smackdown.

It is unclear how much time Maryse may miss due to the injury.

Stay with WWE.com as more details become available.

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

I haven't seen SD in awhile so the biggest shock for me here is you guys saying Maryse has Talent!:-o

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

did a little research and a dislocated kneecap can have varying lengths of keeping someone out of action, anything from a couple of weeks to anything up to a year (if it's bad enough to require surgery)

Hopefully she's on the shorter recovery time side of the spectrum.
    ------
    it's funny actually, this injury has disappointed me much more than Batista's :p

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Maaaarrrryyyyssseeee! Darn, does this mean she'll have to relinquish her title back to McCool, or do you perhaps think WWE is going to have a DiVa Championship match to see who the winner will be. Kind of like when the belt was revealed.

10. Millz

She'll probably have to relinquish the title for sure but I think I would have a match between McCool and Maria to decide the new champion. They were going to have a feud regardless so why not make it over the title?