Maryse blows out her knee?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Source: rajah.com

This is an eye witness account of something that happened at a house show so until WWE.com reports it take this with a grain of salt.

According to several fans in attendance at tonight's SmackDown brand house show in Raleigh, North Carolina, reigning WWE Divas Champion Maryse suffered a traumatic injury during her match.

Maryse and Natalya were wrestling The Bella Twins in the third match on the show. As Maryse worked one of the twins over in the corner, she suddenly collapsed to the mat. She appeared to have blown out her knee as she was seen clutching it.

What followed was an awkward scene in which Natalya stood on the apron not knowing what to do while The Bella Twins went around the ring playing up to the crowd. Special guest referee Kung Fu Naki stood over Maryse talking to her. The road agent for the match threw up the "X signal" and a number EMTs, referees and road agents hit the ringside area. Meanwhile, Natalya entered the ring and made one of the twins submit to the sharpshooter to put an end to the match. Maryse was then carted off on a stretcher.

This is a horrible break for Maryse as she beat Michelle McCool just last week to become the new WWE Divas Champion. It goes without saying that she'll be forced to relinquish her newly won title and take several months off due to the injury as well.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If this is true then it's bad news, she was actually getting a bit better in the ring, and she was getting more experience and she was developing even more. But like you said, this might not be true since it was at a house show, and wwe.com hasn't reported anything yet.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I was just starting to get excited about Maryse, she's got some ability in the ring (a lot more than most of the divas on the roster) and she was really developing a great persona.

Hopefully it's not true.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm with you guys...she was starting to grow on me in the ring. Her cocky, heelish attitude was also very good. For girls to stand out in my eyes they have to be either good in the ring or have some sort of personality/charisma. She had half of it and was improving. Good luck to her.

WOW, I sure hope this isn't true. Maryse just won the title, and to lose it within the week must suck to the extreme. I hope she gets better and is in no pain. That is, if it's true.

And what is Funaki doing refereeing a match for?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Bad news...

WWE.com has released a statement confirming WWE Divas Champion Maryse's injury at a house show in Raleigh North Carolina last night. According to their report, she dislocated her kneecap. It remains unclear as to how long she will be out of action.

Here is their report:

Newly-crowned Divas Champion Maryse injured
Written: December 29, 2008

Divas Champion Maryse dislocated her kneecap at a WWE Live Event this past weekend in Raleigh, N.C., just days after defeating Michelle McCool to become the golden girl of Smackdown.

It is unclear how much time Maryse may miss due to the injury.

Stay with WWE.com as more details become available.

wooly

I am the woolrus
did a little research and a dislocated kneecap can have varying lengths of keeping someone out of action, anything from a couple of weeks to anything up to a year (if it's bad enough to require surgery)

Hopefully she's on the shorter recovery time side of the spectrum.
------
it's funny actually, this injury has disappointed me much more than Batista's :p

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Maaaarrrryyyyssseeee! Darn, does this mean she'll have to relinquish her title back to McCool, or do you perhaps think WWE is going to have a DiVa Championship match to see who the winner will be. Kind of like when the belt was revealed.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Maaaarrrryyyyssseeee! Darn, does this mean she'll have to relinquish her title back to McCool, or do you perhaps think WWE is going to have a DiVa Championship match to see who the winner will be. Kind of like when the belt was revealed.
She'll probably have to relinquish the title for sure but I think I would have a match between McCool and Maria to decide the new champion. They were going to have a feud regardless so why not make it over the title?