Marvin Williams Set To Return

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Atlanta Journal-Constitution -
    Marvin Williams is on his way back, and earlier than expected, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting.

Williams has been cleared to suit up for Friday's game against the Lakers in Los Angeles, four days before he was slated to return from a fractured finger on his left hand that cost him the first month of the season.

"I'm trying to get ready by Friday," a grinning Williams said after a rigorous pregame workout with Hawks assistant coach David Fizdale. "I'm going to be winded for sure, because there's nothing like basketball shape. It'll take me a week or so to get all the way back to where I want to be. But I'll be there Friday night, which is most important, and I'll be back to normal in no time."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/43619/20061207/marvin_williams_set_to_return/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I've always thought of him as a really good player, and believe that he would great now that the hawks are off to a great start he should add to that success.

3. Babe_Ruth

They were off to a great start but they came back to reality, he was chosen second overall for a reason. He's going to be a good pro in this league, and I am sure when he's going to come back he's going to have an impact on the court. Last season he seemed to be lost, but he was the MVP of the summer league games, so he did improve this off season.

4. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

meh, I think the Hawks are still stinging from not taking Chris Paul, I don't see Williams being 1/2 as good as him.
    I think he'll be a decent pro and a contributor, but not a top 10 talent like Paul will eventually be.
    He has the athletic skills to prove me wrong, but does he have the basketball IQ??
    it will take time to tell, but there always are top draft picks that just don't pan out.
    Stromile Swift anyone...

5. Babe_Ruth

I think does have the talent and the basketball IQ to become a very good player in this league even a top talent. I saw him play a lot when he was UNC and he was considered to be the best player in that team, who had Sean May, Raymond Felton and Rashad McCants. Give hima few years to develloped and 'he'll be amazing. Maybe not as good as Chris Paul but he'll definitly be an all star in this league I guarantee it.

6. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

he could develop, my gut says he won't be an all-star.
    he was still a the 6th man at UNC even if he was talented.