• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Marvel vs. DC

Marvel vs. DC

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Here's one of those seemingly timeless debates. Probably about as useless as Coke vs. Pepsi but here we go.

Marvel - Avengers, Iron Man, Spider Man, X-Men, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Shield, etc.

DC - Justice League, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Aqua Man, Flash, Wonder Woman, etc.

Which do you prefer?

Up until recently I would have answered this question with DC simply because I absolutely loved the Batman films. I also enjoyed watching a lot of cartoon Batman, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Teen Titans as a child.

The vastness of the Marvel universe has recently dawned on me, I'm really getting into a lot of the backstory and connections between all of the stories. It also really helps that they make fantastic movies consistently.

My vote goes to Marvel. I'm a recent convert. :D

Konshentz

Konshentz
DC. Batman. It's not even close. It also helps that The Avengers film was one of the worst I've ever seen.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I grew up more of a DC guy. I loved them both but leaned towards DC. I grew up loving more Superman and Batman and the Justice League more than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man and the Avengers.

Other than the Dark Knight trilogy however, DC movies have sucked big time. I hated the other Batman movies (George Clooney? Really?) and Man of Steel was horrible. Green Lantern was just meh. The Thor movies have been great, all three Iron Man movies were good, the Avengers was pretty good, and The Winter Soldier was the best of the Marvel movies thus far.

So if we're going by the past and where my true comic book heart lies, I would have to go with DC. If we're going by who has made infinitely better movies, I have to go with Marvel.

dDave

V.I.P.
DC. Batman. It's not even close. It also helps that The Avengers film was one of the worst I've ever seen.
Most people don't feel that way about the Avengers.

I thought it was a pretty good movie. Good story, perfect pacing, excellent acting, great special effects. I also really appreciate Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, finally they got someone good.

Literally the only thing it lacked was Spiderman and Wolverine. They would have made an already great movie even better I think.

I grew up more of a DC guy. I loved them both but leaned towards DC. I grew up loving more Superman and Batman and the Justice League more than Captain America, Thor and Iron Man and the Avengers.

Other than the Dark Knight trilogy however, DC movies have sucked big time. I hated the other Batman movies (George Clooney? Really?) and Man of Steel was horrible. Green Lantern was just meh. The Thor movies have been great, all three Iron Man movies were good, the Avengers was pretty good, and The Winter Soldier was the best of the Marvel movies thus far.

So if we're going by the past and where my true comic book heart lies, I would have to go with DC. If we're going by who has made infinitely better movies, I have to go with Marvel.
I liked Man of Steel and all three Dark Knight movies. Still, that's only 4 films in 10 years that I liked from them. Marvel has been really putting them out recently and they will be for some time to come I think.

And yeah, this is the Movie section so we're going based off of the movies, not necessarily the comics.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Most people don't feel that way about the Avengers.
Yeah, so? That means absolutely nothing to me.

Marvel has churned out its share of garbage. The last three Spider-Man movies, a couple of those X-Men and both of the Hulk films immediately come to mind.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah, so? That means absolutely nothing to me.

Marvel has churned out its share of garbage. The last three Spider-Man movies, a couple of those X-Men and both of the Hulk films immediately come to mind.
Oh, I know. Both sides have put out garbage movies in the past.

Still, I think Marvel (especially recently) has put out fantastic movies pretty consistently in recent years.

I don't hold anything against DC, I actually think they're great. I just like Marvel MORE. I feel like they've got more going for them.

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I voted for Marvel. As a whole, I tend to enjoy anything that is Marvel, where DC can be hit or miss for me. I love the Batman movies, but Man of Steel for instance was a big miss for me. And then I love Avengers and Thor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Movies & TV 1
dDave Movies & TV 4
Unity Reading 2
Unity Bathroom Wall 0
Unity Reading 0