Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Turbo, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

My friend and his co-horts refer to this game as crack cause its so addicting. it's downfall really is that it's a Dreamcast title.

In recent months people have cracked the coding to make unique versions with their own music tracks and change character colors. my friend used to do tons of these till his laptop died.

I played it a bit yesterday, yes i own a working Dreamcast. And it is addicting and very intense to play.

Does anyone else remember this title and/or still play it?

Shwa likes this.

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I have this one :

[​IMG]

I still play it amongst the next gen games and still love it just as much as I did when it first came out. Its really to bad they dont make games as good as this anymore. I mean I know they just recently came out with a Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, I havent played it but I've heard its good. However I'd be hard pressed to believe its as good as the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

Shwa likes this.
  3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

that's the first one icegoat. i remember playing that one. MvC2 is amazing, especially now that people can make their own versions for the Dreamcast.

Every know and again there's rumblings of MvC3 being released, if so it should me made like SF4.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was my first game that I got for the Dreamcast, omg you're friend is right because it is ADDICTING!!! There's like so many characters to play as, you can even play as the Sentinal, Jill Valentine from Resident Evil or as lots of other characters that you can hardly play as. Like different Wolverines or Iron Man's, it's so awesome!!!

Plus, I like that you can have up to 3 fighters to play as.

~Shwa

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    Shwa likes this.
  6. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

Anybody know if it plays on the 360? I HAVE to get it again!

7. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Most probably not Wes, it was made in the early ages of XBOX I'd highly doubt it's backwards combatible, you might be able to download it off Xbox Live, not sure. All I know is if you're looking for a hard copy you better get lucky or be ready to fork over some money.

I let a friend borrow mine two years ago and never got it back. A few weeks ago I checked around here and there are copies going for $100...think about how retarded I feel now. Haha.

8. WesJones87

WesJones87 RayzorBlade87

$100? Sheesh...that's more than a brand new game, even over here lol. Oh well, I'm not surprised, it was damned addicting. MK vs. DC tried to do it, but I don't think there's anything quite like Hurricane-Kicking The Incredible Hulk.

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

wow, who knew there were so many MvC2 heads here on GF.

Even the PS2 version is hard to find and expensive. your best bet is to find a dreamcast for cheap and find someone who hacked it to burn you a copy of their version. that's how my brother and i got ours.