Movies Marvel Dumps Norton

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Well it seems that Ed Norton won't be playing the Hulk in any upcoming Marvel flicks... hang on, we've heard this before haven't we? Just like Eric Bana before him, Norton hasn't held on to the franchise although it seems that it was Marvel making the call this time.

Empire online said:
Update: Hitfix has now gotten an official confirmation from Marvel that the company is moving away from Norton. "We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.
The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."
Ouch... as breakup statements go, that's definitely an "it's not us, it's you" deal...
Source: Ed Norton Replaced As The Hulk

This seems to imply that Marvel don't see him as a good team player and are now recasting any follow ups to what was already a semi-reboot.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought Norton did a fantastic job in the recent Hulk movie. I wonder what he did behind the scenes to get that "reputation"

I wonder who they're going to cast as the new Bruce Banner. I wonder if they go the route of a no name actor, or someone that is pretty famous.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I thought Norton did a fantastic job in the recent Hulk movie. I wonder what he did behind the scenes to get that "reputation"
I think it was something to do with him not liking the original cut and taking over a lot of the editing process but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well Norton's agent just came out with a statement.

He calls Feige "unprofessional..."

After Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige announced yesterday that Edward Norton would be replaced as the Hulk in The [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Avengers
[/COLOR], Norton's agents are firing shots at Feige, specifically this statement:

"Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

Brian Swardstrom, who represents Norton through WME,
shot back with this statement:

"We know a lot of fans have voiced their public disappointment with this result, but this is no excuse for Feige's mean spirited, accusatory comments. Counter to what Kevin implies here, Edward was looking forward to the opportunity to work with Joss and the other
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]actors[/COLOR][/COLOR] in the Avengers cast, many of whom are personal friends of his. Feige's statement is unprofessional, disingenuous and clearly defamatory. Mr. Norton talent, tireless work ethic and professional integrity deserve more respect, and so do Marvel's fans."

Swardstrom also said that both parties had tried to broker a deal over the past few weeks, but it didn't work out.

The Avengers is set to start
[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]filming[/COLOR][/COLOR] early next year for a 2012 release.

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/145098/[Movies]-Edward-Norton//s-Agent-Blasts-Kevin-Feige-Over-Avengers-Snub.htm

Personally, I believe he has the right to blast him like this. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about working with Edward Norton.[/COLOR]

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I was pretty surprised to with the comments and how unprofessional it seemed. It's pretty clear there was a falling out.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
I'm glad Norton is going to be replaced......wasn't too crazy about him being the Hulk in the first place. I preferred Eric Bana. That being said...I'm curious to see who his replacement will be.

I'm glad Norton is going to be replaced......wasn't too crazy about him being the Hulk in the first place. I preferred Eric Bana. That being said...I'm curious to see who his replacement will be.
I think they can arrest people in certain countries for that. But I'm not quite sure.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Apparantly Mark Ruffalo is in the last stages of agreeing to be Banner in The Avengers.

Ruffalo is a good actor, this could be an interesting choice.