martial arts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kkid, Mar 9, 2008.

1. kkid

kkid Registered Member

does anyone here do a traditional martial art?
    i do wado ryu karate at my local sports center, i have reached 1st kyu and i'm taking my 1st dan black belt in september. :p

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I wish I did. Almost got started learning one several years ago but I got in a car accident the day before. :(

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd like to learn Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

4. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

Wow, talk about a sign from god...

Im a red belt in the ever cliche karate.

5. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm a black belt in Shukkokai style karate, but I quit my academy because the instructor started being a complete c*ck. At first he was alright, but then he went all about the money after a couple of years. I'd also quite like to do boxing, and then mix the two arts together. I'd be unstoppable *smug*.

Oh, and I did Judo when I was a small kid (6 or 7 ish), and for a few weeks Tai Kwon Doe, but I preferred Karate, so I switched. I can use nunchuka, and a fighting stick, though the nunchuka are mostly to look cool rather than actual fighting lol.

All of this is irrelevant, mind - in a fight I'd be far more likely to go primeval, grab a rock and bash a head in / leap on someone and bite out their Jugulars. I suffer from anger attacks, occasionally. A lot of rage in me..

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Used to do Shotokan Karate, but couldn't go after a certain point due to lack of transport. Most recently, I'm thinking of taking up Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu.

7. Chaos

Sounds deadly - go for it :lol:

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I believe it's modern Ninjutsu.

9. Chaos

Nice. Then you can live up to your title!

"Deliverer. Executioner." :lol:

I have to ask though - would you fight for the Light, or the Dark..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  10. kkid

kkid Registered Member

my instructor is starting to be all about money now aswell.

i never knew thhat there were so manyy styles of karate, i only every knew of shotokan and wado ryu