• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mars in 6 weeks by 2018

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah, Russia Today, but forget Nationalism. If it's the US, Russia, the EU, or even China, the only thing that matters = 2-way trip to Mars.
The traditional narrative has been all about a 1-way manned trip to Mars but why? Because conventional engines are restricted to a fixed trajectory and fixed speeds. But a nuclear fission engine could be employed to allow a rocket to orbit Mars with a landing vehicle and why not? Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and returned.

The best is that the trip would only take 6 weeks, not 18 months. Successful nuclear fission engines could seriously revolutionize space exploration.
https://www.rt.com/news/334416-russia-space-nuclear-engine/

Thoughts?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think this would be great if we could make the trip in 6 weeks or less and be able to maneuver the ship as well. Would make space exploration at least in our own solar system by humans more feasible. Hopefully the US will get to working on their own version of this.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah, SpaceX should get all over this. The astronauts and cosmonauts stay in the International Space Station for 3 months so a 6 week trip to Mars could really happen. They could even build a station on Mars and keep it supplied. It would be so totally amazing!