Marquez/Diaz 2

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Juan Manuel Marquez v. Juan Diaz the rematch will be fought Saturday night in Las Vegas. If anyone saw the first fight last year it was an all out war, one of the best fights I had seen in a long time with if I remember correctly Marquez knocking out Diaz in the 9th.

I'm a big fan of Marquez and think he's too strong for Diaz. Anyone else planning on watching and what are your predictions?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This wasn't the all out war the first fight but it was a good fight nontheless. Diaz was more patient and he tried to box with Marquez which I think was a bad strategy. Marquez is too good technically and he wasn't going to outbox him. His best chance would have been to fight like he did the last time, put your head down and try and hurt Marquez while withstanding punishment yourself. He hurt Marquez early the last time but couldn't finish, but at least he had a chance. Last night he had no chance. Marquez dominated this fight from the opening round.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Diaz's style had changed substantially and I'm glad Marquez didn't look terrible. Yeah he got hit here and there, but Marquez's defense has never been outstanding. His countering and combinations are still sharp to be considered one of the best fighters in the sport.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree completely, he's a great counterpuncher and throws some really good combinations. He has a hell of an uppercut.

He wants Pac again which should be interesting if it happens.