• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marmite: Denmark says spread could be illegal

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Source: BBC News

British savoury spread Marmite could be illegal in Denmark if it fails to meet safety requirements, officials say.

By law, the Danish authorities must give their approval for food fortified by vitamins or minerals before sale.
This may or may not get banned and the Denmark (government?) may or may not actually go through with this but I love the idea of Marmite possible becoming illegal. I am kind of hoping that it does become illegal because I would love to smuggle it into the country but demand to be charged in the UK just to see if the Judge would take it seriously...

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Oh god, I can see it now. A Marmite black market. Danes meeting shifty people in dark alleys to satisfy their craving for Marmite on toast.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Politics & Law 3
Jeanie Bathroom Wall 8
Jeanie Food & Beverage 16