• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marlboro to manufacture Marijuana cigarettes

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That is interesting. I'm surprised they'll be advertising during the Super Bowl next year.

I would probably never purchase anything like that, but having big tobacco companies get involved might mean the federal ban is more likely to be lifted.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are going to contact former drug lords in Mexico for supplies. I wonder how that is going to work. Its not legal in Mexico and they would have to truck it or fly it over states that don't allow it.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Phillip Morris shares hit an all-time high on the marijuana news and shot up to $998.00 from $83.03 just a few hours after the announcement went public.
and
Norcik also revealed that a big initial push is planned around January next year, and have acquired most of the ad airtime for Superbowl XLIX.
who ever wrote that is high. PM stock did not jump 1000% without sending shockwaves through the economy and the SuperBowl would never allow a marijuanna ad. Every year they ban ads that are in the least bit controversial.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
MiT, I think you underestimate the strength and pull of the tobacco lobby.

On another note, this is a satire website, CO. You've been tricked.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yeah, I saw something later on it, I was tricked. That said it wouldn't surprise me if this comes to fruition at some point.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I could definitely see it happening too but in all honesty, I have a feeling they may actually resist it. Tobacco lobbies have fought legalization for awhile because they know they'll lose revenue.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
lol, I didn't realize it was fake news. Sometimes its hard to tell the fake news from the real news.

If any of the cigarette manufactures could make money off this they will push for legalization.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The name of the news site is April First in Spanish :lol:

I think in time they could be convinced it will make them money, but it will still hurt their tobacco sales.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I guess I was tricked as well. It did seem kind of strange that they'd be allowed to advertise during the Super Bowl.