• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marking Posts as Unread

Wade8813

Registered Member
E-mails do this, and it's quite convenient. If it's marked as unread, I'm more likely to come back to it if I don't have time to reply right now (like if it needs a long reply, or if I need to think about it a bit first). Is there any way we could do it?

Impact

V.I.P.
I've always thought this would be a handy idea. Sometimes, i'm just in a reading mood or don't have the time to type a response. By the time I do, the thread is buried and forgotten, especially if its more of a speciality thread that wouldn't get many replies anyway.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think we had this before, together with mark threads as read (has that disappeared too?).

Wade8813

Registered Member
I don't think we've ever had this. We have the ability to mark forums as read. I don't think we've ever had the ability to mark an individual thread as read without actually opening it, but considering how easy that is, I don't see an issue

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't remember ever having this feature before but it something that has crossed my mind before.

I think that if we could add something like that, that would be pretty awesome. Makes sense to mark them unheard if we can already mark them read.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Baseball 35
Babe_Ruth Baseball 14
Babe_Ruth Baseball 65
AnitaKnapp Ideas & Support 0
Jeanie Politics & Law 2