Mark Forums Read

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidic15, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Does anyone else use this apart from me?

I use it when I can't be bothered reading some threads and I just click Mark Forums Read so my list on "New Posts" is clean and tidy.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I tend to do it from time to time, just to clean things up.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Ya once I start having like 10 pages or something then I have to hit that because I don't like seeing that many pages and I surely don't want to read all those posts lol

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I mark individual forums read when I'm done with them. I never use New Posts anymore. There's just way too many new posts now.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have somehow missed the option. Now that I know it's there, I'll be using it.

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I never use this. I like to know which posts I haven't read yet. If I mark a forum read then I'm just lying to myself. I wouldn't have to mark it read if I actually read everything in it, which I usually try to do when possible.

7. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I used it a couple of times when I first realised that there was such a button, but I rarely use it now. But if you can mark individual forums, then I might use it more.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't really use it, I like to sift through it all myself :D

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I haven't done that. Maybe I should for certain forums, but I'm not sure if it works for subforums or the entire category.

I always use New Posts. But I also have subscribed threads in my UserCP and I start with that first. Then I go to New Posts.

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I hardly ever utilise it.

Maybe if I have a really active day I might use it to clean up the sections I don't visit.