• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mark Forums read?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I make sure that I read through the threads that interest me and by end of the night when I go to sleep and for those threads that I couldn't careless about, I mark read and start fresh the next morning.

Anyone else do this?

Bliss

Sally Twit
No, I open every single thread and close it if it doesn't interest me. I never log out if there are unread posts.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
It makes me laugh that you do that, Bliss.

I never really open threads I don't intend to read, and I never mark forums read either. The posts just sit there unlooked at when I log off at night.... and then in the morning, I open New Posts and just go from above the line where it says "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

Wade8813

Registered Member
I sometimes mark things unread - generally if there's a subforum where I only care about one of the threads (such as Last Post Wins).

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I wish I could do this. Am I missing a magical button around here that will mark all the forums read? Right now I'm going through the threads one by one, even if I'm not interested in them, and closing them after they load if I didn't want to read them.

I know you can mark the whole forum read, but it would be nice if I could do this by section, or even mark forums read in my new posts section.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I subscribe to forums and they show up on myGF. I don't remember having to mark threads/forums as read. I guess I just mentally ignore the ones I'm not interested in. Sometimes when I have more time I may go back to these older threads and find out there might be something worthwhile.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I'm talking about when I look at the "New Posts" page, it would be nice to have a link so that you can mark all those threads as read at once, per page. On any given new posts page, I'm probably only interested in half of it, because I don't read the politics much, and almost never read the sports.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Usually, I don't mark them read. I read the forums/threads that interest me and I leave the rest unread. Yesterday thought, I marked all the forums read. It's good to feel like you've read everything posted on here lol.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Nope, I have never done this on this forum or any forum, I generally just go to the search for new posts, if a post does not interest me I won't bother clicking on it.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think I did it by accident one time something like 4 or 5 years ago. I don't ever use the button and I really don't care. :lol:

It's not a big deal to me, sometimes I miss posts that I would want to respond to and occasionally I'll go back and look through things. I never use the mark forums as read button though.

I can see how it would be useful but I believe it happens automatically for really old stuff.