• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mark Cuban exploring BCS alternative

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think we call almost all agree that College Football postseason is the worst in sports, and needs to be fix.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban pursuing plan to implement college football playoff system - ESPN Dallas

Looks like Mark Cuban is putting his money to try and solve the problem, he wants to creat a 12-team or 16-team playoffs. I think that would be simply fantastic and more enjoyable for the fans.

Example:

First round

No. 16 Oklahoma State at No. 1 Auburn
No. 15 Alabama at No. 2 Oregon
No. 14 Missouri at No. 3 TCU
No. 13 Nevada at No. 4 Wisconsin
No. 12 Virginia Tech at No. 5 Stanford
No. 11 LSU at No. 6 Ohio State
No. 10 Boise State at No. 7 Michigan State
No. 9 Oklahoma at No. 8 Arkansas
In case you didn't realize, if this does happen, I just want the top 16 teams in the Nation.
Put those games during Friday and Saturday, and that would be just the first round. How exciting would that be?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That would be pretty cool, I think.

However, all these "playoff scenarios" rekindle the playoff argument that I think is now out of date. The BCS will not go away. At least for a while!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't like Mark Cuban and I don't really like his playoff format, but I'd love it if he can buy out the BCS and get rid of it somehow. College football is probably the most corrupt sport in the country and something really needs to be done about it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
College football is probably the most corrupt sport in the country and something really needs to be done about it.
This.

I don't know enough about Cuban other than he has a bunch of money and loves sports. I don't care who makes the first big step to college playoffs but something needs to be done about the BCS system and I'll gladly accept Cuban taking the front line in accomplishing that goal.