• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marion And Kobe Talk Trade

K

Kidd

Shawn Marion wants out of Phoenix and is interested in becoming a member of the Lakers.

"I'm definitely interested in the Lakers," said Marion.

He also said he talked to Kobe Bryant, and Bryant "embraced it."

Said Marion: "He wants to make it happen."

If Bryant cares about what trades the Lakers make and thinks adding Marion would help, at least it's an indication that he's thinking about the Lakers as "we" not "them.
Source

Z

Zanthrax54

hopefully the Lakers will at least try to make that happen, if they do not even make a run at it, then they should trade Kobe b.c. it's bullshit that they won't try and help Kobe at all.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If the Lakers want Marion they will need to give up something big, Marion is a great player, and he does almost everything on that court, so I believe the Suns will be demanding a lot, they'll be asking for Bynum for sure, and I don't think the Lakers want to give him up.

But if the Lakers did get Lakers, I believe Bryant would change his mind about asking for a trade. He would also be a great addition to the team.

Veloci-T

Registered Member
"Shawn Marion, L.A. Laker? If he has his way, that will happen.
According to a league source, the Lakers and Suns have been in discussions about a deal — a blockbuster deal — that would send the four-time All-Star to Los Angeles to play alongside Kobe Bryant. The Suns would get forward Lamar Odom and perhaps some salary-cap filler in return. The main obstacle appears to be Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who needs to OK the deal. Asked to handicap the likelihood of the deal going through, the source said, “50-50.”
Upon hearing this, I caught up with Marion this afternoon by phone. He confirmed that he spoke with Bryant over the weekend, but added, “I’ve been friends with Kobe for a while, so we talk here and there, anyway.”
Still, Marion was enthusiastic about the potential trade. “Why wouldn’t I be?” he said. “You have a great organization, great ownership there with the Lakers. I don’t see no problems with playing there.”
This, it appears, would be a good fit for everyone. It has been a rocky summer for Marion and the Suns, who drafted him out of UNLV in 1999 but have been unwilling to give him a contract extension. Marion is the highest-paid player on the team, and he can opt out of the final year of his deal and become a free agent next summer."
-Sporting News