Mario or Sonic? (Classics)

Mario or Sonic? (2D games)

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alright, Mario and Sonic are easily the two biggest videogame characters from the 2D console age. (Genesis/Game Gear/NES/SNES/Game Boy titles)

Which games did you like more? Most people I'm sure are fans of both but for the sake of the poll, please pick the one you liked the most and feel free to explain why.

For the sake of this poll, we'll be comparing 2D classic versions of each game. You don't have to take 3D into account. Most everybody will agree that the 3D Mario games blew the 3D Sonic games out of the water no question.

As for

My vote goes for Sonic. While I loved Mario games I actually have only ever beaten Super Mario Bros. 1. I played 2, 3, and Super Mario World and never made it to the end. I just got bored I guess.

Sonic however was awesome all the way through. The music in Sonic was so much better than the music in Mario games. The gameplay and level design in Sonic was so much more fun than Mario (opinion of course). I just liked the concept of Sonic a whole lot more than Mario.

Sonic gets my vote.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Sonic was always my favorite, despite SMB3 being one of my favorite games of all time. Sonic was a childhood icon for me, so there's no doubt in my mind who is better.

kkid

Registered Member
i vote for mario, if i think of a good 2-D game then mario is what i think of.

i actually cant think of any 2-D sonic game.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Mario all the way for me, I was a nintendo child. I had mario all stars, Mario world and Yoshi's island for my snes and loved them all. Sonic was also fun but I only really played those on the GBA much after the sega era.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Definitely Mario. The Sonic games were fun, but there wasn't anything that came close to Super Mario 64.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely Mario. The Sonic games were fun, but there wasn't anything that came close to Super Mario 64.
If you would have read the OP and poll title you'd have seen that this was strictly a 2D generation comparison. ;)

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
i actually cant think of any 2-D sonic game.
. . . then you're not allowed to call yourself a gamer. Seriously dude, how about I don't know . . . the very first Sonic game ever? And the one after it? And the one after that?