• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Mario Kart Wii Scores 8.5 on IGN

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mario Kart Wii has scored an 8.5 on IGN. This isn't bad at all considering how tough they are on games. Most games don't make it anywhere close to 9.0.

IGN: Mario Kart Wii Review

I really hope this game continues the fun of Double Dash single player, and feels more like the multiplayer of Mario kart 64.

Who else is looking forward to Mario Kart Wii? It comes out in less than a week!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
IGN isn't tough on games. GameSpot is. They're insatiable.

I still think the best one is the DS version, but hopefully I'll get to play this.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Double Dash, fun? :lol: I don't trust IGN's reviews anymore anyway after they gave Super Mario Sunshine a 9.4 or something.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
He said the "DS" version. ;)

And I'm watching the video review right now. It really looks like Nintendo has done it with this version. Lots of retro levels and lots of challenging aspects.

I love how IGN says the 150cc version is impossibly hard. That's what I didn't like about Double-Dash.

And Echoes, Double-Dash single player was very fun if you ask me. The multiplayer is where it was a huge letdown. It looks like Nintendo put a ton of time into the multilplayer of MK Wii though so I have high hopes this time around.

starfx6464

Awesome
My biggest worry/complaint is that it looks like multiplayer is heavily team-based. So much so that I'm not even sure that you can do 4 player "deathmatch style" battle mode. I will miss that greatly.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't realize that starfx.. I think you are wrong though (Hopefully). From what I've heard there are several ways to play multi and it's pretty customizable.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My connection was pretty bad. It kept cutting out to buffer. I didn't notice that but hopefully it's not ONLY team based. I think it has FFA as well based on other things I've heard outside of IGN. Do they say it doesn't?

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I haven't heard much about it, but the screen shots look pretty fun. We'll probably wait a little while and see what people are saying after they buy it before we do (well that and Knyte has a couple PS3 games he wants first anyway).