3ds Mario Kart DS: Online Scoreing

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by SamusAran86, Dec 14, 2005.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

This is basically for the people who play Mario Kart DS in the Wifi mode...

As you shoudl know, you can race 1 to 3 other people in Wifi mode! As you should also know... The DS card keeps track of your online record...

Heres how it breaks down...

In Wifi mode, just like any cup, there is 4 races to deciede the winner.

If you race 1 person you can win, lose, or tie...
    If you win, you get 1 win
    If you lose, 1 loss
    Tie... Neither

If you race 2 people:
    If you win... 2 wins
    If you come in second... 1 win - 1 loss
    Third... 2 losses
    2 way tie for first... 1 win
    2 way tie for second... 1 loss

If you race 3 people:
    If you win... 3 wins
    Second Place... 2 wins - 1 loss
    Third... 1 Win - 2 Loss
    Forth... 3 loss

If you quit at ANY time after the first race has started, you will still suffer a loss! (up to 3 losses)

Even if one or two persons quits durring the first 3 races, every racer will recieve credit for a win, as long as they finish all 4 races.

I have had 2 Wifi matches end up in the other person I was raceing quit after I finished the 4th race... I have had losses taken away when that happens...

Basically what Im trying to get through to people is... DONT QUIT... you will still suffer losses, and make it less fun for everyone else who continues on. Race backwards if you know you cant win, but know that you will still suffer the loss either way.

2. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

However! There is a way to take off loses by quiting. The way it works is you quit when you are in the lead point wise. IF you disconnect from the wifi while you are in the lead, one loss is taken away. Just found that out from JcDragon.

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

actually there is a little more involved in 'loseing losses'

I know exactly how its done, but will not post it in fear of abuse... I could probably get my losses back down to zero by useing it, but I refuse...

I have already lost 20 losses that I know of... which means I also lost those 20 wins... despite what my sig says... I should be 846 - 155... but thats not my official online record... all because of people who disconnect

4. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Ah, I see. Tecnically, the way it works, is that you are in an one individual race with every one person. However, you perform all those races at the same exact time on the same track. Therefore, you get losses for coming in less than first, because in the individual races with people who got ahead of you, you lost.