• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Game Cube Mario Kart DD, what did you think?

dk_rare

Registered Member
I personally thought it was a very fun game, certianly if anyone other than Nintendo had of made it then it would have been amazing. But because Nintendo made it, well peoples standards for Nintendo are stunningly high, so yeah.

Anyway, my ex didn't play many videogames, just didn't understand a lot of them. But he loved MKDD, it was one of the few games that he would like to play like ALL the time. It was a lot of fun, really.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I liked the game... not the best in the series... my biggest prob with it was no 'hop'

aftoer playing MKDS and watching my kids play DD I find it a bit easier to play, but I like DS alot more!!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Didn't like it at all. I think the series took a step backward with Double Dash. Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 were a lot more fun, in my opinion.

dk_rare

Registered Member
The hopping thing did take a lot out of DD, but it did have a few good points. MK DS was great though, combines the best from all of them!

I just carnt help but love DD, just so much fun, so simple... really is the boobah of the gaming world : )

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I loved it, but that's really a bad thing. Had it for a couple days, JUST A COUPLE FREAKING DAYS, and then the big $3000 worth of stuff was stolen, one of them being DD. So, I got to play a few days and since then I've never been able to play it again.

ltk9492

Registered Member
i played it, i liked uit, nuff said. I love this style, and i think other companies should make other games lik,e this

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
The game was ok, however the LAN SUCKED BALLS! I was probably one of the only people who ever playd it through LAN. It randomly selected your people, was very plane, and took alot of the fun out of things. If I remember correctly, you could only race as well. The 8player matches were fun, but it sucked not picking your character.

I think that the next installment, after seeing the greatness of hte DS version, for the Rev will be amazing. I expect it will be alot similar to Mario Kart GP that is in the arcades with icon customization, perhaps a cam, beutiful tracks, and hopefully alot of old courses. One thing that would be sweet would be a Track editor and the ability to download more tracks.

Mario Kart has been a title that has launched near the beggining of a System, SNES I believe, N64 and NDS for sure. I would not be surprised to see it happen again on the Rev. but at the same time would not be surprised if it came a little later in the consoles life.

I feel that Mario Kart DD tried to distinguish its self way too much and Ninty tried to get consumers in to try something different. A few of the courses were good, but nothing awsome compared to N64.

Mario Kart DS has some memorable courses. One of my new favorite places is the new bowser castle, the pinball, and also the ship. All of those are vivid, alot of things going on at once, and blast to play through.

For the next installment, I would like to see a match with the floating ship, an under water tunnel stage, and it would be trick to see a stage where everything is black-pitch black and your kart turns on headlights as your only source of seeing. And that source would not even be that good, you could only see infront of you.

And one last thing, another rainbow road that is LONGER, TOUGHER, and LESS freakin walls. Is it just me, or is each installment adding more and more walls?

Absolute

Registered Member
And one last thing, another rainbow road that is LONGER, TOUGHER, and LESS freakin walls. Is it just me, or is each installment adding more and more walls?
You are talking about racing right? Because if you're talking about the Battle maps, then man, you have the wrong idea. I hate the battle maps that are just a circle where everyone spins and shoots randomly.. like the horrible doughnut map in MK64.

But if you're talking about racing, what don't you like about the walls? How if you hit one, everyone speeds by as you try to get back on track?

Wrecked

Registered Member
liked it, but didn't like it enough to purchase it.

MK 64 > MK:DD

still haven't gotten to try the DS version.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Didn't like it at all. I think the series took a step backward with Double Dash. Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64 were a lot more fun, in my opinion.
I haven't played DD, but by looking at it I could tell that all they added was a bunch of bells and whistles. In my opinion, the Mario Kart series has been on a steady decline. It compares to the decline of the Bond series since EA took over, but it's just not as sudden. Nintendo keeps dancing around the real spots it has for improvement and is apparently looking to hook gamers into these supposedly new and innovative ideas (a second character to ride on the back of the car.... PLEASE!!!), but none of them actually reflect a good effort to improve the overall gaming experience itself.

SMK > MK64 > MKDD