• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii U Mario Kart 8

dDave

V.I.P.
I remember playing Mario Kart Wii for a couple of years with my old friends. It was truly fun, especially when each of us, in four-player mode, used to cover with hands or other weird objects that lurked in my house, each other's little screen on tv. It was totally hillarius!
Sounds like me playing with my friends :lol:.

I didn't think Mario Kart Wii was all that great. Certainly not terrible, but not great. The motion controls were annoying and the game was far too easy with a GameCube controller. The computer players were just plain bad.

Mario Kart 8 is phenomenal. Very diverse levels, good roster, new items/mechanics, and it's beautiful to look at.

ALonelyTemplar

Registered Member
I agree to that. Mario Kart Wii has some flaws in controls around and then, especially when you're using this Wii remote. But then, again, I admit it, I never had played before any other Mario Kart video games, so, maybe, that's why I like it so much! I hope I will try the new Mario Kart game sometime in future, although I do not see that day coming soon, due to not planning to own the Wii U.

dDave

V.I.P.
One game I can't recommend enough is Mario Kart Double Dash for gamecube. (Also, Mario Kart 64 is available over virtual console on Wii) To play gamecube games on the Wii you need a gamecube controller and a gamecube memory card, that's it.

I think that while the Wii was very ambitious

They fixed so many things that were wrong with Mario Kart Wii with Mario Kart 8. Also, they're releasing a Mercedes car that I'm gonna have to get :).

The only thing I'm still not a fan of is battle mode. Battle in Mario Kart 64 was heavenly, for Double Dash it was decent, for DS it was also decent. Battle mode for Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8 are inexcusably bad. Racing in 8 is amazing though, so I suppose that makes up for it.

dDave

V.I.P.
Finally, Nintendo is listening to fans on the racing speed.

Yep, that's right. MK8 is getting a 200cc mode which is significantly faster than the previous max of 150cc.