3ds Mario 64 DS is the best portable game ever made

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Does anybody else feel this way? I was a HUGE fan of the original Mario 64 and never expected a remake of it to be as good, but they kept most of the best parts and made the rest even better.

It is the only DS game I even own and is 100% the reason I even have a DS. :)

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I find it awkard to control sometimes, particularily since you have to use the stylus to spin Bowser around. I found that very annoying, apart from that I loved it. Playing as Yoshi made it for me :D

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nope.

Castlevania challenge you.
I use Castlevania as my "filler game". You know, the GBA game you keep in your DS just so the edge feels smooth instead of having to have your hands against the pointy edge where the games go in? It works really well for that purpose. :D

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
^ obviously has not played any DS Castlevania game.

Sad, sad.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
^ obviously has not played any DS Castlevania game.

Sad, sad.
Actually I haven't, but I really didn't like the GBA version. Is the DS version really the best portable game in your opinion? I'm super picky when it comes to games though.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Super mario 64 DS is pretty much an all around great game, but everyone has to agree that there are some really stupid things they did in that game such as, bubble mario that floats in the air that's about the only thing that bothered me.

They should have kept the game so that you had to get each cap where you are supposed to get it, the game seemed to be missing something because they made you get all of the caps at once.

Right now I agree that super mario 64 DS is the best portable game ever made unless DK 64 DS were made or ocarina of time DS then I agree fully.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
ocarina would be nice, especially if the controls are like the phantom hourglass.
no the controls shouldn't be like phantom hourglass, the control scheme is the entire reason why I never got that game (phantom hourglass). I prefer having the actual controls for the game.

Maybe they could do the original control scheme and, AND, the phantom hourglass control scheme but changing the control scheme would ruin the game entirely in my opinion.

But hey this thread is about super mario 64 DS not ocarina of time, so it's time to get back on topic.