• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marijuana

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering if you guys would like to legalize Mariruana. I don't think so because a lot of people would be acting like more retards in public places. But I think the only way that the Goverment would legalize it is if they made a profit off of it like they do for cigarettes and alcool. Now please don't post stupid replies, just post if you think they should legalize it or not, just give me your opinions on it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
People are genuinely retarded anways, so no harm there.

I believe in legalizing it because in the long run, it will reduce the problems with it. One, we won't have so many people in jail (which sucks up enough tax money as it is). Two, it will reduce the sensationalism surrounding it and seeing as it won't be so cool to do anymore, eventually kids will not use as much.

Don't get me wrong, there will be major problems with it at first, but it will die down in a few years. It's like countries that have lowered alcohol ages. They don't have problems because it's not a big deal to drink. We get so upset when kids do drugs that it heightens the rush of doing it.

V

VulgarisPrime

Legalize it, teach people why not to do it, and tax it all to hell. Everyone wins.

You try and keep people from something, and that only increases the pull of it. For those who doubt, read up on Prohibition and why it didn't work.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
VulgarisPrime said:
Legalize it, teach people why not to do it, and tax it all to hell. Everyone wins.

You try and keep people from something, and that only increases the pull of it. For those who doubt, read up on Prohibition and why it didn't work.
Exactly. Unfortunately our government seems to think that if we can't solve something in five minutes, it's a hopeless endeavor.

"We don't have for rational solutions." - George Carlin

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Wow, while you guy's show some good points...it's not technically true. They are just a hypothesis. You THINK it would reduce problems, but even now, kids are smoking cigarettes at a younger age. It would be the same for Marijuana. Kids do it now, and they smoke too. Legalizing it would not help one bit.

Although, it might put alot of drugdealers out of buisness. xD

D

dias2525

Legalize it. If we do there won't be a black market for it and it's everywhere allready. This will also help with medical bills here in America. Your lucky Carter, you guys got free health care. We got our bills through the roof! :p

V

VulgarisPrime

Sephiroth_Masamune said:
Wow, while you guy's show some good points...it's not technically true. They are just a hypothesis. You THINK it would reduce problems, but even now, kids are smoking cigarettes at a younger age.
Which has hug-all to do with the whole thing.

It would be the same for Marijuana. Kids do it now, and they smoke too. Legalizing it would not help one bit.
Nobody asserted that. You're knocking down a straw man. Furthermore, that's NOT the only problem. The problems are numerous - insanely harsh laws, prisons being filled with minor offenders while more serious crimes go barely punished because there's no place to put them, gang violence because of the black market for drugs.

Although, it might put alot of drugdealers out of buisness. xD
Well, that's the ruddy POINT! As long as there's a black market for drugs, the drug dealers will make money. When people can just walk down to the corner store and buy a pack of spliffs, those dealers will find themselves squeezed out of business.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Dude, seriously...if you must go against the law...then you deserve to be sent to jail. Jails aren't being filled up to maximum. There is plenty of things being done to those harsh and minor offenders. Even so though, and offender is an offender. You think that major things are going unnoticed, but where do you live? I livd in the ghetto and things are being done there all the time. It's only because more and more people try to go against the system and the police can't deal with it all.

Trust me, I know how it goes down seeing as I have drug dealers on every corner of where I live. Legalizing it would just cause more problems than help. It's still a downing drug and affects your awareness. Hang around with a bunch of people who are high. Go ahead. You want that around legalized? Wow...just wow.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I believe they should legalize it, and just tax the hell out of it, and thus make quite a lot of money. Though a few my close friends are rather big drug dealers in a few countires here, so that would obviously hurt their way of life. The government on the other hand, could actually use the money for something good. I figure they would make plenty.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
I guess that is about the only big thing that would be good for legalizing it though. Then we would have more "truth" commercials about the bad things these huge corporations do with it.

Maybe Marijuana would beat out the tobacco industry for sales?

If it were legalized I might try and smoke it xD...actually...I might not...=/