Marijuana Violations in WWE

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Jul 1, 2009.

?

The policy in the WWE reguarding majijuana?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2009.
  1. I agree with what WWE is doing.

75.0%
  2. I disagree. It's a big risk to take on the preformers lives

25.0%
  1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Credit: NoDQ.com > WWE > Update on Marijuana Violations in WWE

More pushes for The Brian Kendrick, now?! ^_^

Na, on a serious note I disagree with what WWE is doing. Look, in the WWE you have other people's life on the line. If you botch a powerbomb or suplex you can disable or kill that person. Not to mention yourself. If a wrestler is smoking before or still has that "high" when he comes into the ring then that could spell danger. I wouldn't want to see a wrestler get injured/disable/die and then WWE comes out to say "Well, we'll review our policy on this and then make sure something like this never happens again." - This ALWAYS happens. They lower their restrictions on such things until it comes back to bite them in the ass.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I dont know where I stand on this. On one hand I completely agree with what you're saying and hell let's face it, pot is illegal! On the other hand if its not in their wellness policy then they dont have much ground to stand on and shouldnt stop pushes because someone is only smoking pot...IMO.

RVD never had a problem...I would like to think it would be something theyd do AFTER a tough match and not beforehand. But what do I know, I aint in the WWE locker room.

3. Marvelous1

Marvelous1 Registered Member

Just like you shouldn't drive a car or operate heavy machinery while under the influence of drugs you shouldn't wrestle while under the influence of drugs. Some of the moves they do in the ring could seriously injure or potentially even kill someone if done wrong. This issue is about the safety of and respect for your fellow wrestlers.

4. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

They should treat it the same as Steroids and painkillers.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think two things:

One, I don't think you've ever smoked pot.

Two, I can't recall them lower restrictions on anything that lead to disaster. Pot in many ways would probably help some of these guys wrestle better since it heightens the senses and calms them down. I'm not saying they should take it, but I think there should be far more worry about roid abuse.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm torn between this as well, I personally don't see it as a huge deal if they do consume marijuana, but they should have some boudaries. I agree with Cons, roid abuse is a bigger issue right now.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I sincerely doubt that they're saying it's ok to wrestle high. Anybody doing that will get their ass busted, it's the same as wrestling drunk. It'd still show up in tests for days afterwards though so even if you were smoking two nights ago it'd show up and that's what they're talking about i'm sure.

Personally i think it's a good idea. I hate seeing people have to take a lot of time out of the ring just because they got caught smoking marijuana.

Though some people have been high during tapings before and that is bad. I mean Big Show and X Pac are clearly stoned off their tits in this clip: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDS4jtqX1fY

I hate those damn speech bubbles people cover their videos in...

8. Merc

How many people have died in the past year of painkiller abuse, steroids, and marijuana? I know the answer for marijuana already, so I wonder if the other two have numbers lower than zero.

:rolleyes:

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Why can't we deal with them both at the same time?

I would like them to do a study to see how much the accident/botch rate would increase by them allowing pot to be taken less seriously. I have a feeling it wouldn't go down. Having the wrestlers forget what moves they're suppose to do, having them being impaired while in the ring and having them in that day dreaming state is very risky.

You're not suppose to be drinking, smoking weed and drugs in other jobs, so what makes WWE different? Is it smart to operate heavy machinery while you're under the influence? Even if you didn't just smoke up a joint and still have that left over buzz from it, it is still dangerous.

My main point would be this: what about the wrestlers they're facing? Should they have a say in this? I mean, if they're facing somebody who is possibly under the influence then I think they should at least be able to speak out - whether they're for it or against it.

I typically dislike them, too, but that was just funny.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  10. Merc

vilky, give me one instance where marijuana has caused serious problems in the ring.

Also, how much research and knowledge do you have on pot? At the moment, it seems like you're just reciting party lines from the reefer madness scare of the early 20th century. It's also not even comparable to alcohol and steroids. I'll ask you a question I asked already, how many people have died from each marijuana, alcohol and steroids?

You're missing the biggest problem which is roids. Not only does steroid abuse cost the WWE big chunks of money because of the abundance of injuries associated with roid abuse, but the wrestlers themselves burn out quicker and can end up dead or you know . . . killing their families before committing suicide themselves.

Marijuana is a common scapegoat, something to distract people from real problems. For example, the war on drugs in America, for decades now they've been trying to convince the public that marijuana is a massive threat to society while allowing plenty of cigarette and alcohol sales. It's a joke. The WWE would be stupid to not focus on more dangerous things such as roids. Marijuana is not a problem.