Marijuana (Nader) Fans Rejoice

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Mirage, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Republicans are the real people who are going to rejoice. Nader took just enough of the Democrat vote to get Bush elected in 2000. This year, Republicans are going to need Nader, Blomberg and a few other left leaning independents to pull off a victory.

Mirage likes this.
  3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Awesome. I might actually consider voting.

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I voted for him in 2000, but I'm kind of angry at him for running this time.

I understand that he's trying to make a viable third party in this country, and I agree that it needs to happen, but I don't think this is the appropriate way to go about it. I think he's going to end up fucking the Dems again.

5. CMK_Eagle

CMK_Eagle Registered Member

1) Bloomberg would draw votes from Republicans, not Democrats.
    2) While he clearly helps the Republicans, I don't think McCain needs Nader in the race to win. Unless Obama starts coming up with specific policy proposals he's going to be very vulnerable to charges that he lacks the experience to be President.

6. Major

You think he cares about fucking the Democrats? I'm pretty sure he's against both Republicans and Democrats. Why should he not run just because he might steal votes from one party?

7. Jeanie

Oh I'm sure he doesn't care about fucking the Democrats. The reason I think he shouldn't run is because it's not the most effective way to accomplish his goal. Obviously he knows he's not going to win. His stance all along has been that Americans should have more choices, that we need more than two parties. If that's the case, then I think that there are more effective ways to go about making a viable third party option.

8. Major

What are the more effective ways?

9. Jeanie

A grass-roots movement to strengthen the Green Party, gain members, and find a viable candidate? I don't know, but I just don't see Nader's candidacy helping the cause any.

Maybe I'm just old and jaded.

10. Major

He's running as an independent, as he did in '04. He's not with the Green Party anymore.