• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Margaret Thatcher Dies

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Former Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher has died "peacefully" at the age of 87 after suffering a stroke, her family has announced.

Successor David Cameron called her a "great Briton" and the Queen spoke of her sadness at the death.

Lady Thatcher was Conservative prime minister from 1979 to 1990. She was the first woman to hold the role.

Ex-Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher dies
The Iron Lady has passed on, she has been in poor health for several years so this isn't totally unexpected. My condolences go out to the family. RIP Baroness Thatcher.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
This is going to sound incredibly harsh and to be fair it is but for a lot of people she will not be missed. A lot of people still dislike her for what she did to the UK in terms of the mine closures, the wars and the people massacred under her regime.

I never knew much of her history but when the news hit earlier today in work a lot of people were not so much shocked and upset but shocked and "shit happens", as I say harsh.

That being said she did have a family that loved her and it is never a nice experience to loose a mother so from that point of view RIP Maggie Thatcher the mother but not Maggie Thatcher the politician.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
If you think about it ginock, the time she was PM was dominated by men so she had to be harsh to be able to get the top spot.

Anyway, RIP Margaret Thatcher.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
If you think about it ginock, the time she was PM was dominated by men so she had to be harsh to be able to get the top spot.
Oh I respected her, she had more courage and was more willing to to stand up to most others than any politician I have seen however a lot of people still feel she did more harm than good for Britain.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
What do you mean by "people massacred under her regime".

RIP Prime Minister Thatcher, my prayers are with you and your family.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Monday night at my grandparents' house was very interesting as half of them liked her and half hate her. There was some heated discussion......but all agreed it's always sad for a (grand)mother to pass away.

There's no doubt she had a love for her country. rip

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Bathroom Wall 0
Dolphino Sports 2
Iris Bathroom Wall 3
Iris Bathroom Wall 2