• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marbury: I'll Play In Italy

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
New York Post -
Stephon Marbury made a shocking revelation yesterday, saying that when his contract expires with the Knicks in two years, he's planning to play in Italy.

Marbury, amidst his 38-city, cross-country bus tour to promote his discount Starburys sneakers, told The Post he wants to eventually leave the NBA after having visited Italy in May with his wife.

"I'm not just thinking of doing it, I'm going to do it," Marbury vowed yesterday. "My wife loved it there. It's like a [David] Beckham thing."

The Marburys visited Rome, Milan and Tuscany.

Marbury has one year left on his contract with Steve & Barry's and has told friends he wants to take his sneakers global. Marbury will be 32 when his contract expires.

"I would've played 13 years in the league," said Marbury, who is writing a Web blog for The Post. "That's a lot. Most guys don't get to seven."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47196/20070718/marbury_ill_play_in_italy/

zunami

Registered Member
Wow, he's getting really desperate. He's one of the most underachieving players ever because he has great skills but plays just so stupidly and ends up hurting his team. He could be doing this to avoid the embarrassment of nobody wanting to sign him as a free agent.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I couldn't agree more. He came out of Georgia Tech with so much potential, and never lived up to it. He had a good situation in Minnesota playing alongside a young Kevin Garnett, and ruined it. Then went to New Jersey and failed there. The only good year he actually had with a team was when he brought the Suns to the playoffs and almost beat San Antonio. And we all know what happened in New York. It's a shame because I really like Stephon Marbury. Only if he had lived up to all the expectations he might went down one of the better Point Guards of all time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am really surprise about this, but Marbury said that he wants to die a Knick, and doesn't believe that Thomas will give him another contract after his expires in two years, and rumours have it that Thomas will trade him next year to clear some cap space.

He's still young and he can help any team he goes to, but he fell in love with Italy, and his wife liked it as well, and if the Knicks dont resign him them he'll play in Italy.