• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Marauding Captain as a deck type?

What do you guys think of Marauding Captain as a deck type?

• I think its a great idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it could work.

• Sure, it might be a nice fun deck.

• Is that even possible?

• Why would I want to?

• Total voters

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
What do you guys think of the idea of a deck built around Marauding Captain? Obviously the point is to summon level 4 monssters with Captain's effect that either can't be normal summoned or get an effect when they are special summoned. The monsters used in this deck include:

Marauding Captain - obviously
Raremetal Dragon - the muscle of the deck
Terrorking Archfiend - 2000 attack plus effect negation
Mystic Swordsman LV4 - 1900 attack and takes out set mons
Sacred Crane - special summon this monster and draw 1 card

If you want to get silly you could use Cave Dragon:
Cave Dragon
Wind/Dragon
Level 4
Atk/Def 2000/100
If there is a monster on your side of the field, you cannot Normal Summon this monster. In addition, if there are no Dragon-Type monsters except this card on your side of the field, this card cannot declare an attack.
and Dragonic Attack:
Equip Spell
You can only equip this card to a Warrior-Type monster. Increase the ATK and DEF of the equipped monster by 500 points and it is treated as Dragon-Type.
Why would you want to go to all that trouble? Cave Dragon can't be normal summoned if there is another monster on the field and it can only attack if another dragon is present on the field. Normal summon Captain and special summon Cave Dragon. Then eauip Captain with Dragonic attack and he gets 500 more attack and is treated as a dragon, allowing Cave Dragon to attack.

Yes that was just a silly waste of time. Ignore the part about Cave Dragon.

And what kind of special summon support would one run? Here are a few ideas:

Reinforcement of the Army - searches out the crucial Marauding Captain or Mystic Swordsman LV4
A Warrior Returns Alive - to reuse and ultimately abuse Marauding Captain
A Rival Appears - trap - they summon a monster you get to summon a monster of the same level
A Hero Emerges - Trap - similar to Rival, but it activates when they attack and they choose a card at random from your hand. If it isn't a monster it gets sen to the grave.

Well anyway, after hearing all I have said, what do you guys think of this strange deck built on a rather unique effect found only on Marauding Captain?

Turbo

Registered Member
very interesting, it looks like it could be a contender. have you actually built it yet? i'm curious as to how well it'll run with the upcoming bans.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I've heard of it being built, but I am only now testing it myself. I have already posted 2 decks so I'm not sure if I am allowed to post my test version of a Marauding Captain deck.

G

Gotenks1215

I have a feeling the MC deck idea was brought about by SJC LB? XD, but ya, MC is an actual deck type now that it's at 3. But I personally wouldn't use 3.

Turbo

Registered Member
yeah 3 would be a bit much. 2 with 2 Warrior Returning Alive in case they hit the grave would work fom.

I

imported_SexyKungfuSammy

Actaully it's not it's because alot of his cards are like terrorking rare armored dragon as well i played it >< very good deck.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Actually, with 3 Captains and 2 Reinforcement of the Army I still have a hard time getting it when I need it because the entire deck depends on having 1 in hand. I run 3 Warrior Returns Alive to get the most out of those Captains and Exiled Force. I have even tried running Wildheart, but aside from the Warrior Support he doesn't really add much to the deck.

A

Anansi

This can work, but in an evironment loaded with spirit reapers and hand control? That's risky.

G

Gotenks1215

The Captain/Crane deck that T8'd LB did it. I'm playing it right now, and if it gets off, it works great.