Maradona out as Argentina coach

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Maradona out as Argentina coach after conflict with FA - World Cup News - FOX Sports on MSN

Some will be delighted about this since they don't believe Maradona is a good coach. He did a way better job then I expected during the World Cup.

I got to give him props though, I like how he's staying by his word and saying that he'll only re-sign if everyone from his staff comes back, which the higher ups are not allowing.

Thoughts?

Juan_Pablo

Registered Member
He had a bad start with the team and got his chemistry together just in time for the World Cup. It's to bad the ignorance of various key players on the team has to lead to the dismissal of a good coach.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Definitely not surprised, he might have been a national hero when he was a player but definitely doesn't cut it as a good coach. He was shit. Argentina had the flair to make it to the Finals, if not win it.

jack3456

Registered Member
Definitely not surprised, he might have been a national hero when he was a player but definitely doesn't cut it as a good coach. He was shit. Argentina had the flair to make it to the Finals, if not win it.
Yes, I basically agree. He reminds me of Kevin Keegan as a coach, heart on his sleeve, very emotional, only perhaps to a more extreme degree. And Keegan had alot more success as a club coach. Saying that, he'd probably be very good as an assistant coach, under somebody with alot more tactical nous, to get players geed up in the dressing room. his playing reputation alone would probably be enough to do that. Only in Argentina, though, only in Argentina.