• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Map shows the most popular shows from your state.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Grace Under Fire for Missouri, wasn't there any others made here? Maybe we could just claim Brad Pitt since he is from here and anything he made.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'll just pretend to represent Louisiana and go say it's awesome that we have True Blood. Ironically, almost nothing from that show is actually shot in Louisiana, but it still represents the culture down there.

danwiz

Registered Member
I have to agree with some of the comments on site where the map is - for example:
I am very skeptical of the accuracy if this map.
I demand an accounting of their methodology.
I call bullshit™

And, what year was the data gathered in? "Northern Exposure" for Alaska?? When I lived there - and the program was actually new at that time - we Alaskans hated it - thought that it was ridiculous. But, I guess we watched it just to see what bullshit they would come up with - for example a road from where to where? Gee, that would be nice if it actually existed.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
The way I understand it is not that it's about the popularity of the show in that specific area, but overall popularity of the show made in or about that area. Maybe people in Alaska didn't love that show you mentioned, but it was about Alaska and may have been very popular in other States?

dDave

V.I.P.
I was kind of hoping that Last Man Standing would be the one for Colorado, the setting is Denver.

That's ok though, Tim Allen's Home Improvement made it for Michigan, that's another really good one. :)

The funny thing about South Park is that I don't watch the show and never have. I didn't even know it took place in Colorado :lol:.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Seems like a lot of the shows are really old. The Golden Girls is more popular than Dexter for Florida?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Seems like a lot of the shows are really old. The Golden Girls is more popular than Dexter for Florida?
The Golden Girls was very well loved and enjoyed the world over, and over a long period of time. Also, Dexter was hit or miss with some audiences and had more competition, whereas the Golden Girls was one of few good shows on tv at the time.