Manuka Honey

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I have never ever heard of this type of honey before.

Can you buy it in regular supermarkets in the UK? Is it made in the UK?

I'm really not a big fan of honey, I don't like the taste so I know I wouldn't like it.

What are the health benefits of it? How do you know that it is good for you?

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I have never ever heard of this type of honey before.

Can you buy it in regular supermarkets in the UK? Is it made in the UK?

I'm really not a big fan of honey, I don't like the taste so I know I wouldn't like it.

What are the health benefits of it? How do you know that it is good for you?

It's a New Zealand product, and can be bought in regular shops/supermarkets, but the price can vary. It's very expensive, though all honey is good for you.
If you don't like the taste, you can eat with something to mask the taste, or just endure it a couple of times, and you might end-up actually liking it.

Info on the product:
Manuka Health natural health honey products will enhance your health and well-being.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I've had honey and I'm not really a fan even if people say it's good for me. The only time I had it was when I was desperate for my voice recovery.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
We use this one at the house:

I like to mix it in with Hot Teas or even Vanilla Ice Cream. Its definitely great. I've always eaten alot of honey, heard a long time ago that Honey from your area can provide alot of Local Anti-Bodies that you may or may not need later on against Flu Virus's.

So besides this Manuka Honey (which is awesome) I normally buy my honey from local apiarist

I have never tried honey before, to my knowledge. Is there any reason you named the thread after that particular type, is it just your favourite, especially beneficial or something?

I don't find honey appealing, I'm in no rush to try it.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I have never tried honey before, to my knowledge. Is there any reason you named the thread after that particular type, is it just your favourite, especially beneficial or something?

I don't find honey appealing, I'm in no rush to try it.

Yeah,
I've posted a couple of links. Manuka honey has particular benefits, and it's unique to New Zealand, therefore it's expensive, but with the likes of me, I almost never drink, and I don't smoke, and I don't really 'go out' so what's a few extra quid on a jar of honey? :D

Yeah,
I've posted a couple of links. Manuka honey has particular benefits, and it's unique to New Zealand, therefore it's expensive, but with the likes of me, I almost never drink, and I don't smoke, and I don't really 'go out' so what's a few extra quid on a jar of honey? :D
Oh dur, sorry, completely bypassed that link. I think I'll just stick to my green tea in terms of health benefits from non- fruits and veg. :nod:

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
It's not that expensive here (obviously) just a little more pricey than regular honey. I used to eat it all the time when I lived at home, definitely tastes a lot nicer than regular honey which i'm not a huge fan of. Haven't had in a while though.