• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Mans finger fell off during poker tournament

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
(CNN) -- No way, Jose.

What else can you say when Jose Canseco -- the former baseball slugger who accidentally shot his own finger last month -- claims that part of said finger fell off during a poker tournament?

Jose Canseco claims finger falls off playing poker - CNN.com
I can't even imagine what this would be like.

Kind of makes me suspicious because he said it was smelling. If your finger is rotting off your hand I would think you would go to the doctor not a poker game. He claims there is a video but no one has seen it. He wants money for that, hope no one buys it. Think I can live without seeing that video.

Thoughts?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Riiiight... We'z all supposed to believe this guy was strutting around with a rotting finger dangling from his hand until it eventually fell off during a poker hand? And what's worse, we're supposed to think this guy is what because of it? Funny? Smart? Interesting? ... Assuming I were to make the stretch and buy this ridiculous story, it would only emblazon him onto my mind as a poster-child for stupidity. Go ahead, provide proof. I'm still changing the channel.

- Cham

Pinecampple

Registered Member
Does he mention anything about the finger being attached in anyway? Because, I mean, if he claims the finger was sewn on and then fell off he'd at least have some sort of story against the doctors who treated him, if there were any. But if he just says is that the disembodied finger was just schmoozing about on top of it's detached limb. Well that just makes it even funnier. And less believable still.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
The claim is he shot himself while cleaning his gun, and his finger was dangling by a piece of skin and not even attached by bone, and was "smelling bad". He says that some time later, while playing poker, it fell off. Geez, if this is an example of how this guy bluffs I would slaughter him in poker. This is so demented, I feel my IQ being adversely affected by even commenting on it.

- Cham

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Epic fail! So what was the doctors name? Frankenstein? That dude totally is an attention whore but theres tons better videos to buy for Halloween. And probaly not as expensive.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
He really did shoot his finger off or so that is what is being said. I don't believe someone would go to a poker game with a finger that smells and probably has gangrene setting in. Any normal person would go back to the doctor.

I have to wonder if it was some sort of trick. Maybe he went to the doctor and had it amputated and kept it so he could pull this stunt.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/jose-canseco-shot-his-middle-finger-off/

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Epic fail! So what was the doctors name? Frankenstein? That dude totally is an attention whore but theres tons better videos to buy for Halloween. And probaly not as expensive.
What doctor? There was no doctor, and no attempt to reattach the thing according to the story. The guy supposedly just left dangling and rotting as a keepsake. Ya probably someones idea of a Halloween joke to carry it in a baggy and drop it during a hand of poker with this lame story.

- Cham

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
What doctor? There was no doctor, and no attempt to reattach the thing according to the story. The guy supposedly just left dangling and rotting as a keepsake. Ya probably someones idea of a Halloween joke to carry it in a baggy and drop it during a hand of poker with this lame story.

- Cham
No doctor? No way anybodys finger would be dangling and not go to a doctor! There would be a serious infection and he would probaly lose his whole hand. That alleged finger is probaly a fake.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
No doctor? No way anybodys finger would be dangling and not go to a doctor! There would be a serious infection and he would probaly lose his whole hand. That alleged finger is probaly a fake.
Oh it wouldn't surprise me that it was the actual finger he shot off while cleaning his gun, it's just the rest of the story is obvious BS.

- Cham