Manny Ramirez Hits 500th Homerun

redsoxocd

living on the border
Tonight, May 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM est, and one day after his 36th birthday, Manny Ramirez hit is 500th homerun off of Baltimore Orioles pitcher Chad Bradford. The HR came in the 7th inning with two outs on a first pitch fastball. While Ramirez is the 24th player to get 500th he is the 3rd player to get 500 in a Red Sox uniform, joining Ted Williams (521 career hr's), and Jimmie Foxx (534 career hr's).

I am more than excited about this as I nearly missed it. I was watching Troy and just as it came back on from a commercial, I thought "let me check the score". They showed Manny on-deck so I decided not to switch back and the WOOSH! I screamed 500th right when he hit it and ran and woke my dad and said "manny just hit 500" he said "oh" and went back to sleep. So I am celebrating solely but its all the fun...I cant stop smiling.:D:):nod::D

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Chad Bradford
I'm watching the game.. and this guy kind of sucks.

Congrats to Manny, though. He got a pretty good pop from the crowd when it happened. First pitch homer, too. He's a hell of a hitter.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm kind of bummed he didn't hit it at home, but there were a lot of Sox fans at the game. It's about damn time he hit. Congrats Manny.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Congratulations Manny Ramirez, you've just made yourself a sure in at the Hall of Fame Manny Ramirez always has been one of my favorite players to watch. He has an amazing baseball swing and when he connects with the ball it usually goes a very long way. If he plays till 40 years old and stays out of health issues he might hit 600 home runs

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
He just turned 36, so I would not put 600 out of range. I hope he retires with Boston so we can see him hit one last milestone before hanging up the shoes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think he really enjoys playing Boston, especially that he's won a couple of championships with him. I'm just assuming here, I don't think he'll be asking for the same money he's getting right now when his contract is over, so I see him staying there for the rest of his career. He'll play a little more DH though at the end of his career.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
He wants a hefty, long term contract so yeah basically a retirement contract.

I'd love to see him keep playing, but he's definitely not the same caliber as when we first got him. He's still incredible and a perfect half of the one-two punch between him and Ortiz, but Manny isn't an $18 million per year player.