Manny Pacquiao vs. Oscar De La Hoya

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by salsanchezfan, Dec 2, 2008.

1. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

Who do you think stands a chance in this upcoming battle?

I feel that even though Oscar is a ten-time world champion and one of the finest fighters of our generation, Pacquiao has what it takes to beat him over 12 rounds and is currently the best fighter pound for pound in the world. Oscar can still bang with his left hook, while Pacquiao relies on speed and great power from his southpaw stance. One thing I am hearing is that the disparity in height (Oscar is 5 foot 11 - Pacquiao is 5 foot 6) will be in Oscar's favor, but I beg to differ. Size means nothing in boxing, it's the skill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm for Manny Pacquiao. Is there a way to watch the game online? I don't think they'll show it on our telly here.

3. salsanchezfan

Yeah there is, and I'll send you a PM when I find the link. Stay tuned.

4. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Ah, I was just reminded of this match yesterday and realized... "Ah shit I don't have HBO anymore!" since HBO will usually show the match a week after the PPV event on Boxing After Dark. Since I don't have HBO I was thinking of paying for the PPV but I don't think I would be able to afford that.

Send me a link, Juan if we can watch this online.

5. salsanchezfan

R1pper and ysabel, check your PM's, the info has been sent.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Thanks Juan. So this is 6PM PT? Yikes that's 3am for me. Oh well, sometimes I am awake that time. Will that be the start of their match or it includes all those pre-game matches?

The last time I fully followed a match (not counting Olympic games) was yeaaaaars ago. But it was an epic one: the Bite Fight with Tyson and Holyfield.

7. salsanchezfan

This will be a Pay-Per-view event, so there will be a few a under cards (usually 4).

And yeah, how can anyone forget the time when Tyson went cannibal? That was disgusting, but that was Tyson.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Hey r1pper, who do you think will win?

Is De la Hoya retiring after this, whether he wins or not?

9. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I really want to watch this fight!.
    I cant decide who i want to win this one,i agree that Pacquiao is the best pound for pound fighter around,but oscar has fought the best around and is still very dangerous with the left hook,this is going to be a very good fight.
    I think i would like to see de la hoya take this one.

Have i heard right that the winner of this bout will be fighting Ricky Hatton next?.

ysabel likes this.
  10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think De La Hoya is going to take this fight, he's going to win from a knock out, I'd say probably in the fifth or sixth round. None the less it's going to be a great boxing match, and hopefully I'll be able to watch it.