Manning or Brady

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wanted to have a nice debate. Who do you think has had a better career so far in the NFL?

Who do you think is better between the two?

Thoughts and explanation.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I wanted to have a nice debate. Who do you think has had a better career so far in the NFL?

Who do you think is better between the two?

Thoughts and explanation.
Well, it depends. If you think a career is made by numbers, it's Manning hands down. If you think a career is made by breath-taking moments of grandeur, such as winning three super bowls, one your rookie season then Brady, no doubt. To me, the object of the game is to win, and Peyton chokes a lot more often than Brady does and has only won a single super bowl. It really is a hard choice because Brady is not consistently a numbers producer, but he gets the job done and that's the point of the game.

Statistics-wise and in terms of experience, Manning wins hands down given how long he's played for the Colts. Playoff wise, however, Brady wins since it's taken him only 4 years to win 3 Super Bowls not to mention coming within an inch of a 19-0 season.

Oh yeah, and for some reason Manning always seems to be on his shit no matter what, even at the beginning of last season.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have to go with Brady. I think he's the most efficient QB in the game, in that he makes the right play time and time again. He finds the hole in the opposing teams defense quicker and more efficiently and does it quickly. He's a leader who has taken his team to 4 Super Bowls winning 3. He doesn't choke, ever.

Manning is a great QB and 30 other teams would love to have him, but if I were a GM and had my pick, I'd take Brady, hands down.

Brady is better than Manning without question. Who has Brady been able to throw the ball to (other than Moss for one year)? No one that is a "game changer", that's for sure. Manning has had Wayne and Harrison and still hasn't had the success that Brady has.

teron

Registered Member
Manning. Two of the superbowls the Pats won were on the leg of Vinateri coupled with that defense. Manning hasn't been as fortunate with such. Though his compliment of wide recievers over the years has been arguably better than Brady's.

Manning. Two of the superbowls the Pats won were on the leg of Vinateri coupled with that defense. Manning hasn't been as fortunate with such. Though his compliment of wide recievers over the years has been arguably better than Brady's.
There has been no argument on that subject, Manning clearly had the better recievers - even when the Pats got Moss. Now that Harrison got old and tossed away, the Moss vs. Wayne matchup is a little more fair.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Wait, the Patriots won two Superbowls with a score of only 3? :rolleyes:

The problem with this argument is that it was not only Vinateri as I commonly hear people say. Did you see the 2003 super bowl? Brady did something it took Manning many years to figure out: came through in the clutch. Brady drove the ball down the field with only a minute left and got within Vinateri's range. Even John Madden said that what Tom Brady had done gave him goosebumps. Peyton always has the numbers, but Brady always gets the job done. Way more often than Peyton anyways.

I would pick Brady not as a Pats fan, but as a coach who wants to win.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a tough call but I think the Super Bowls is where its at...stats are nice but winning is the name of the game. Granted you have to have awesome players around you and thats a given but SuperBowl championships is where its at.

So I'll go with Tom Brady on this one. Hell, the dude helped his team go 18-1 one season and they barely had a running game...he's the man in the NFL and it should be interesting to see how he does next season.

A quarter-backs greatness is judged by his performance in the playoffs and Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning has won 7 playoff games (1 Super Bowl) in 9 seasons.

Tom Brady has won 14 playoff games (3 Super Bowls) in 8 seasons*. He has the second best playoff record (Bart Starr) and is tied for the most playoff victories of all time (Joe Montana)

*He missed the 2008 season due to injury of course.