Manicures and Pedicures

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I'm growing my fingernails and shaping them in a curve like style for my sister's up coming wedding in 17 days. On the day itself I'll probably only put on some colourful nail varnish but nothing spectacular.
I generally don't grow them and cut them as soon as they seem to bulge. I can't be bothered to take care of them.

Do you look after your fingernails and toenails ?
Do you get them done professionally or do you take care of them yourself?
Do you ever put on fake finger nails?
Do you grow your nails?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm growing my fingernails and shaping them in a curve like style for my sister's up coming wedding in 17 days. On the day itself I'll probably only put on some colourful nail varnish but nothing spectacular.
I generally don't grow them and cut them as soon as they seem to bulge. I can't be bothered to take care of them.
This is take 2. I lost my previous reply, for some reason:

I take care of them myself but I'm not like other people who have a complete set of nail care at home. I'm just concerned with keeping them clean.

If I'm going to a wedding or a formal event, I have them done professionally.

No, thank you.

Do you grow your nails?
It happens but only because sometimes I don't have the time to cut them. But spending more time on the computer has a way of reminding you that your nails need trimming. Long nails do get in the way of typing or playing arcade games. :lol:

I might not be the intended audience, but I'm bored. |:

yes. I just don't exactly treat them well

Myself

Umm... no.

Do you grow your nails?
no. I'm far too obsessive about biting, buffing, and clipping them.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Do you look after your fingernails and toenails?
Yes
I do them myself.
Heck no.
Do you grow your nails?
I will grow my fingernails until they break, rip or get too long that they irritate me and then I will cut them back some. I usually like to keep mine in a square shape. My toenails I keep as short as possible.

Do you look after your fingernails and toenails ?I keep them clean but that's about it.

I've never gotten them professionally done and don't care enough about them to manicure them myself. The only time I'll make the effort is for special events, and that's just barely.

Do you ever put on fake finger nails?No, not my thing.

Do you grow your nails? I've always kept them short due to my artwork.

Last edited:

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I cannot grow my nails to save my life.. so I have never really cared for them much. My only option is to have fakes put on if I want them, which I have not done in years. I love the way they look long, but my nails aren't allowed to be past my finger tips when I work at the hospital.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Do you look after your fingernails and toenails ? Not as much as I should. I use to keep them nicely manicured and painted all the time and I should get back into that. I did them a couple weeks ago and love it (I prefer french manicures/pedicures) but need to make the time to keep them up.

Do you get them done professionally or do you take care of them yourself? I haven't, but would like to. It's one of those little extras I plan on treating myself to after we get the house settled. Probably every 2-3 months I'll go get a professional manicure/pedicure.

Do you ever put on fake finger nails? I put on fake toenails once. I have never really used the fake fingernails cause they get in the way with caring for kids, but once the kids are a little older I might try them out.

Do you grow your nails? Nope, they don't grow, they always break off, hence the desire to get fake nails at some point.

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
Do you look after your fingernails and toenails?
Yes, my nails are always nicely kept.

I always do them myself and have never gotten them done professionally.

I have a few times, but it's been a while since I've done that.

Do you grow your nails?
Yes, I usually grow my fingernails longer with curved tips, but sometimes I will cut them short. My toenails are always kept short and are usually painted.

Yes, for the most part.

Myself.

....No.

Do you grow your nails?
I can't. I have to keep them cut short for two reasons- one being for the piano, and another being that I bite my nails if they get too long.