Manhole + Texting = BAD

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by Bubbles, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

A fifteen year old, who was walking and texting, plunged into a manhole after it was left unattended. She lost a sneaker and is planning to sue the city...

Teen Girl Falls In Open Manhole While Texting - wbztv.com

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I fell into a manhole while texting... I'd have zero nickels...

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

She's lucky that she didn't smash her nose or mouth on the rim. My sister hit her front teeth on the concrete edge of a pool once and it was not a serene scene. I wonder where the "deep cuts" that were mentioned came from, though.

I hate to say it, but I wish this would have been caught on video. I wonder what the text looked like, too. A guess:

lol ur so kewl billy ily an i waaaaaaaaaaaaa

3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Its right that the city authority should be reprimanded, however I get the impression that the lawyers are on the sidelines ready to cash-in and the family are a little to eager to file a lawsuit. My guess is the cuts, bruises and shock will soon develop into spinal injury and traumatic psychological conditions. Less interest in improving safety and more interest in money from misfortune.

4. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

She has nightmares of falling now???? All I can think of is Mel Brooks in High Anxiety...... :lol: