• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Manga VS Anime

D

Dranigus

I perfer drawwing manga rather than reading it.

And I perfer making my own anime rather than watching it.

Both suck because their stories don't contain as much depth as they could have gotten. Which basically meansI could do better with any anime and any manga from Japan and I bet you all could do the same too.

M

mysticangel

outta the two i like both. If I had to chose i would probably chose manga. Anime is good and all...with the color, the animation, and the bg music but i really do love manga better. Manga just has more depth of the story than alot of the anime series itself. I'm not sure how to explain but manga just better for me. but then there are certain times when the anime is better then the manga like in gravitation or the manga is better than the anime like in gokusen.

Henskie

The Super Pimp of GF
For me it depends on the series for example I like the naruto manga better than the anime because it moves a lot faster and we dont get all the fillers but I like the DBZ anime better than the manga

Malificus

Likes snow
Manga. Almost always. Exceptions are usually when the anime was first, such as Samurai Champloo. The series focuses on the movement and sound, which doesn't translate well to paper. Manga usually has the better story as well.

Another reverse example, I couldn't imagine Death Note making a good anime because it doesn't actually involve any action, people standing/sitting/walking around for the majority of the time doesn't usually work in an animated form.

Some of my favorite stories are exclusive to manga as well, such as The Demon Ororon, A.I. Love You, and Trigun Maximum.

One example of a somewhat tie is Jing, The last three episodes of jing are better than their manga counter part, but unfortunately, the rest of the episodes don't make it to the same level.

T

The Realist

In a Manga vs. Anime war, both are winners.

Manga has the direct storyline (As one person said above) and detailed features of the characters, but also the background and movements. Manga makes read with your brain

Anime has the movement (Animation) and the voices (plus music). Anime however makes you hear with your ears.

Thats how I see both and both win on each side.

Malificus

Likes snow
There are also dramas, for when you want to hear, but not see. Those are usually good as well.

T

The Realist

My brother is a huge Japanese Drama collecter. Nothing but over 500 gigs of Japanese Dramas. Some have caught my interest.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Realist said:
My brother is a huge Japanese Drama collecter. Nothing but over 500 gigs of Japanese Dramas. Some have caught my interest.
500 gigs? I'd imagine he'd be able to buy all the DVDs of those dramas and more rather than the load of money he must have spent on the blank CDs/expensive computer/extra hard drives. That's a lot of space, damn!

T

The Realist

Money isn't a option to him. :p Also, he a Fansub creator but, he goes and buy the RAW files of the Japanese Dramas and sends them out to the translator. He is also the Quality Check person too.

M

MaruDashi

Mostly I like manga, because I like reading better than watching T.V. and to me manga is just better.