Manga VS Anime

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Gankutsuou, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Gankutsuou

Gankutsuou Guest

Here's the question that should raise a lot of opinions and sugh.

Manga VS anime, which is better?
    You have to admit, anime probably gets you more into the mood of what's happening emotion wise as it moves, talks to you, has music, and so on.
    But manga is allowed to be more vulgar and, per say, less censorable.
    Manga's also tend to avoid filler arcs and such, that are so dreaded in anime.

I don;t wanna go too much more into it, bnecause i want the posters toi develop the arguement, not me. I'll state my own opinion after a few post and see how it goes.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd assume that anime means video, because technically they're the same thing.

Both mediums have power, but something about actually watching things unfold through action, motion, and music makes the experience much more powerful.

3. Gankutsuou

Gankutsuou Guest

Anime = video.
    Manga = The book style.

There is a complete differance in the two, because they don't mean the same thing. Try it on wikipedia ^^

4. Merc

Anime is animated Japanese cartoons. Manga is the same thing in paper form. Wikipedia is never a solid source of anything anyways. I could always trot over there right now and edit all of it.

5. Gankutsuou

Gankutsuou Guest

i know. But Anime is the moving thing, manga is the paper, and the stories tend to drift just a tiny bit from each other.

one especially split manga/anime series is Black Cat if you know what that is. that's why i consider them totally different.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Ffullmetal alchemist anime and manga is also an example of splitting.

I prefer manga. mostly because it's the original thing. anime may or may not follow the original storyline but it's always different in some places.

the main thing for me is originality. and manga gives me that. but make no mistake, I enjoy anime as well

7. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I like Anime. But I like reading manga that has bad anime dub or is really censored bad. So I really don't have an opinion.

8. shakujou

shakujou Guest

manga = Japanese comic books
    anime = the word the Japanese use for animation in their country. The term we use in America is used for any animation made in Japan.

I like manga the best. It let's me imagine the voices the way I want to, and have my own kind of persoanl character development. Basically, I get the percieve the character how I want them to be.

Usually, the story is more detailed, if not completely different than the anime.

I also like the illustration quaility in manga better.

I've been in many arguements like this before, and I'm usually the only manga person.

9. lilbballfrk

lilbballfrk Guest

anime of course. manga, you have to read what they say and there are no theme songs with it. there is also more action on anime =]

10. Merc

Anime is able to portray the feelings and ideas of the stories through it's own medium, whereas manga relies on the readers to get said ideas and emotions (or create their own). So basically, Anime seems better suited for those that want the entertainment presented to them and manga is for those who want to discover/make it for themselves.