Manga Reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by redsoxocd, Apr 26, 2008.

1. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

I'm really starting to get into Manga. Right now i'm working my way through Pastel. Does anyone have any reccomendations of really good ones?

2. Spackerchip

Spackerchip Registered Member

I'd recommend Death Note.

3. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

I'd say buy Hellsing if you love the following: Vampires, Blood,gore,violence,Dracula,history, Dark magic, Awesomeness

ALL GREAT ;D,*won't advertise a site he has for mangas* <_< >_>

4. Mason

Mason phawq

Elfen Lied. The Manga is way better than the Anime, IMO. Aside from the fact that it does have high bloody violence, and fully shown naked bodies. It does have an interesting story.

This hasn't been licensed for English, however. So the only way to read it in english is to download scanlations from the internet.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Good popular/mainstream manga (that are good) include Fullmetal Alchemist, for action/adventure and magic. Rurouni Kenshin for kickass samurai action with mild romantic sideplots. Bleach for action, supernatural, occasional hilarity.

6. Neogenesis

Neogenesis Registered Member

The manga of Battle Royale is immensely good.

I suggest that, and like Spackerchip said, Deathnote is good too.

7. MissyGris

MissyGris Registered Member

Id suggest Berserk to anyone. Its dark and gory with romance, power, betrayal, magic, gods, and demons. Some of the religious themes make for some deep thinking. If you get offended easily when Christianity is insulted I wouldn't suggest it I suppose.

Its just amazing. Its also better than the anime ten fold.

Go read them now!

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Necropost is bumping old thread, but here are some recoomendations for anyone else that comes here for them

King of Bandits Jing
    Strawberry Marshmallow
    Monster
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Paradise Kiss
    Saiyuki
    Trigun
    Hellsing