Manga/Anime Poisoning?

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Sorayoushi, May 4, 2006.

1. Sorayoushi

Sorayoushi Guest

Is manga or anime really poisoning? What is so bad about manga or anime? They are just stories told with japanese art. Is the story bad or the art? I want to know what do you think.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

what? how is it poisoning? I'm confused too.

it's just like computers, videogames, or sports. people enjoy them

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

What... what are you talking about...? Who said it was poisoning?

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think the real question here is who told you that and why?

5. Sorayoushi

Sorayoushi Guest

Well, I know two people who told me that manga was poisoning the mind... but i really don't know why. One of those people said that it was the plot that was very unoriginal- action stories revolve around the only hero thingy? i don't know about why the other one said so. Maybe because of obsession?

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I dont think it poisons the mind more than any other comic book...

I think you would be better off asking them to explain themselves more than asking us... I don't think its a very widely held view that anime poisons the mind...

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

maybe poisoning as in "making you addicted to anime and not caring about anything else"

8. mysticangel

mysticangel Guest

anime/manga poisoning the mind? never -- now the real question would be what has poisoned their mind to suggest that anime/manga is mind poisoning.

-------

and just to get it straight not all anime/manga revolves around the hero thingy

9. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, I've seen people with extreme cases of anime addiction . . . and it's damn frightening. They usually don't think they are either, but whatever. I don't see it as poisoning as any other media medium such as american cartoons or movies, I just think it's amazing how much freakin' anime apparel they sell in Hot Topic . . . and that people buy it.

10. Sorayoushi

Sorayoushi Guest

ok , thank you all for the clearing up that problem.