Managers

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I kow we've had a topic like this a while back, but I decided to start a new one. I believe managers are a lost art in the WWE, back in the 80's and such managers were a huge deal and had a big impact on wrestlers.

Why do you believe the WWE stopped with the managers? Last big manager I can think of as to be Paul Heyman for Brock Lesnar.

Thoughts?

2. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

In my opinion I believe they must have thought the managers took the attention away from the in ring action. Were we not all distracted by Jimmy Hart screaming over the Megaphone? Or Heenan constantly shouting instructions to his men?

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Remember Davari? He was one of the best managers I can think of. He wasn't boring, he participated in matches and he even got banged up in those matches! He wrestled, and unlike a few past, good mangers that avoided combat, Davari allowed psychical action to be taken against him. He didn't get too involved, instead, he had the right amount of time in action, I believe.

I do agree that some mangers take away from matches. If that's the case then I guess you can make the argument that the match was pretty boring to begin with? @[email protected]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I always loved managers...they seem to add something to the matches; especially if they manage heels.

I remember when I was growing up I hated Heenan and Hart becausae it always gave their heel wrestler an advantage over the babyface.

Heyman was perfect because he was the mouth piece Lesnar needed to get over. Sometimes its not all about in ring skill...you have to talk and if you cant then why not the manager?

Estrada for Umaga, for example. It worked. We need more of it.

5. Anthony1975

He has just left TNA so don't be too surprised to see him headed back to McMahonland sometime soon.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I was just watching last night, and 100% WWE needs to bring back Davari and Muhammad Hussan. UPN basically threatened WWE to take Hussan off or they'll take action against them (I have no clue what that action would have been). It was during the time where UK had those bombings and Hussan was at the height of his heel run. That guy was an incredible heel and should be brought back for a good push.

7. Anthony1975

It was a legitimate firing by the way, Daivari asked TNA for his release prior to the PPV and asked to be allowed to grab the fired briefcase and they accepted his request.

8. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Managers were always awesome, always brought something cool to the table.

Heyman and Lesnar were perfect together, Daivari and Hassan and even with Khali was pretty cool.

Yokozuna and Mr Fuji were pretty funny haha.