• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Managers in the WWE

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
They are apparently making a comeback...

WWE officials have discussed reviving the manager role for some heel performers who can't speak at a main event level.
Source: Rajah.com

Tonight on Superstars...spoiler...

Michael Hayes comes out with Tyson Kidd to manage him

Looks like the WWE is going to start using them again. Thoughts on this and who would make a good pairing? I'd like to see Abraham Washington brought in to be a spokes person for someone.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's wonderful news. I always thought that managers were a big part of the wrestling business. A lot of wrestlers have the wrestling ability but they cannot talk for squat. Brock Lesnar is the best latest example, just look how much it helped his career to have Heyman talk for him.

Spoiler from Superstars:

Michael Hayes is great on the microphone, if he can be the full-time manager for Tyson Kidd that would help his career big time.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I can probably make a list, but I only have time to list my top choice for a manager in the WWE right now:

Kevin Nash.

The guy has a great presence, veteran status, and incredible mic skills. He could really elevate someone that needed it.

Possible Superstars to manage:

-Mason Ryan
-Ted DiBiase, Jr.
-Brodius Clay
-Ezekiel Jackson
-Tyler Reks

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
One thing I would love is for JBL to come back and manage part time, but that won't be the case.

Arn come back and mentor someone? Maybe.

It's hard to postulate an managerial roles, too unpredictable.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
JBL would be an awesome manager, KSF. I'd love to see that...good thought.

What do people think of father/son managing pairs? We've got unique opportunities for that coming up...for example, if Richie Steamboat ends up on WWE TV and is managed by "The Dragon."

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
What do people think of father/son managing pairs? We've got unique opportunities for that coming up...for example, if Richie Steamboat ends up on WWE TV and is managed by "The Dragon."
That would be rather stale, in my opinion. I can't understand why, but I feel as if having a father/son pair would lead to a less wide range of story-based ideas.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That would be rather stale, in my opinion. I can't understand why, but I feel as if having a father/son pair would lead to a less wide range of story-based ideas.
I was going to say something similar about it being a stale prospect...it could be a good way to get fans behind a new debut (cheap pops lol), but would lose its effect after a short while. If used for a heel turn on Dad, though, it could be pretty awesome.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I was going to say something similar about it being a stale prospect...it could be a good way to get fans behind a new debut (cheap pops lol), but would lose its effect after a short while. If used for a heel turn on Dad, though, it could be pretty awesome.
It could, but why would they heel turn someone who is already a heel... Ted, Cody... etc.

It's really hard to tell ahead of time. The big decision will be made if Hayes is successful.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It could, but why would they heel turn someone who is already a heel... Ted, Cody... etc.

It's really hard to tell ahead of time. The big decision will be made if Hayes is successful.
I was thinking of prospects that have yet to debut, such as Richie Steamboat (who'd never turn heel, probably, but you never know).

And I'm not necessarily interested in the concept, FYI, just wanted to see what people had to say. :lol:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I was thinking of prospects that have yet to debut, such as Richie Steamboat (who'd never turn heel, probably, but you never know).
Turning the son of the Dragon heel would not make sense. Richie would be a fantastic face, and having his dad his manager could do wonders for his early career.