• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man tries to strangle woman for eating last 3 cookies

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A man in Decatur, Illinois was arrested for attempting to strangle his roommate after learning that she had eaten the last of his chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Report: IL man tries to strangle woman to death for eating his last 3 Chips Ahoy cookies
I like Chips Ahoy cookies too but to try to kill someone over it is crazy. If her husband and landlord hadn't showed up he may have killed her.

I don't understand some people's mentality. How do you get that worked up over cookies?

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I cant even imagine somebody doing that unless they have serious mental issues. And I seriously doubt that he will find any Chips Ahoy cookies in prison. They make decent cookies but definitely not worth going to prison for. Anyway Im happy that woman didnt get killed just for liking cookies. We have cookies here all the time but nobody goes all ballistic if somebody grabs one lol.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
They would have to be mental to try to kill someone over cookies. I've had someone eat the last of my favorite cookies and never once did I even think about killing them. Not even if they were chocolate.lol

Alph0x

Registered Member
I used to have two male roommates. One of the roommates really loved corn dogs and he pretty much always kept a box in the freezer. They had to be the GOOD kind, too. Not just any kind. Anyway, one day after a long day at work, he came home and opened the freezer. There he saw his corn dogs, and he sighed happily because even though he had a terrible day at work...there was a corn dog and some beer waiting for him. But when he went to pull the corn dog out of the box, he found that the box was empty. I believe I almost saw someone murdered over a corn dog that day. It wasn't actually just the corn dog. It was that moment of happiness followed by a swift kick to the stomach. The fact that the other roommate just left the empty box in the freezer instead of throwing it out after he ate the final corn dog...and that this roommate happened to find it after an awful day.

Straw that broke the camel's back? I agree that cookies are kind of a silly thing to go mental over, but maybe that dude spent the whole day just thinking about those cookies. :lol:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your right sometimes people seem to go mental over nothing but when you find out the whole story there was other things going on beforehand. Should be a lesson for people not to keep pushing someone's buttons at some point they might lose it and go after you.

Still show some self control and if you can't get along move out or don't have anything to do with them.

Alph0x

Registered Member
This is absolutely true. You should always work to remove yourself from a bad situation, even if it's minor. You have to watch out for yourself!

I think not pushing buttons is common sense and common decency...I wish we were all better to each other.