• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Man sues stripper after finding out it isn’t true love

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Houston man is suing to force a stripper to return his Harry Potter DVDs and other belongings after he found out that she wasn’t in love with him.

Texas man sues stripper to get Harry Potter DVDs back after finding out it isn’t true love
I feel for the guy but I think he was being rather naive if he thought she was in love with him because she claims they were not even dating. He says they were though. So who knows who's telling the truth here.

I think she should give the stuff back unless she can prove he did give it to her and it wasn't a loan. Just because you consider something a gift doesn't make it one.

What do you think?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Way too little information to opine either way. He could have loaned her money, he could have gifted her money, he could have loaned her the DVD's, he could have gifted her the DVD's, without more how can anyone determine what the intent was? Take her to court and prove by a preponderance of the evidence she owes you.

dDave

V.I.P.
Way too little information to opine either way. He could have loaned her money, he could have gifted her money, he could have loaned her the DVD's, he could have gifted her the DVD's, without more how can anyone determine what the intent was? Take her to court and prove by a preponderance of the evidence she owes you.
I agree. Without a lot more information there is simply no way to know what's going on here and thus it would be inappropriate to make a judgment.

Still. If this guy is really shocked that a stripper wasn't in love with him then he doesn't seem like the brightest bulb.

CO, you can correct me on the legality of all of this. If you loan someone money without a written contract (and no other witnesses) then isn't that loan on the honor system? I think if that's the case then there's no way this guy is getting any money back. Gift or loan it seems as if he's on the losing end.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree there is not a lot of information here. He said they dated, what does he consider a date? Seeing her at the strip club. I doubt she would consider that a date. If so she would be dating a lot of men every night.

Yea he doesn't seem that bright.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I dunno. I kind of feel sorry for him. This is why it's never a good idea to date someone who works in the adult entertainment industry or is a swinger or anything like that. I don't care if I get called out on this but my feeling is that those people must have a lot of issues to be taking part in that kind of lifestyle or making those kinds of "career" decisions to begin with. And that would make it highly unlikely for them to be able to have any kind of meaningful, long term relationship.

Anyhow, I certainly wouldn't be dating them. It might seem exciting to be going out with a stripper or someone like that at first, but I honestly think it would only ever lead to heartbreak, and that's something that's not easily gotten over. No, I don't care if he's dim or not, I feel for him and heartache is nothing to be taken lightly.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I dunno. I kind of feel sorry for him. This is why it's never a good idea to date someone who works in the adult entertainment industry or is a swinger or anything like that. I don't care if I get called out on this but my feeling is that those people must have a lot of issues to be taking part in that kind of lifestyle or making those kinds of "career" decisions to begin with. And that would make it highly unlikely for them to be able to have any kind of meaningful, long term relationship.

Anyhow, I certainly wouldn't be dating them. It might seem exciting to be going out with a stripper or someone like that at first, but I honestly think it would only ever lead to heartbreak, and that's something that's not easily gotten over. No, I don't care if he's dim or not, I feel for him and heartache is nothing to be taken lightly.
I feel sorry for him too. Getting burned in such an obvious situation. It's hard to make a judgment of someone that you've never met but in my personal experience the people that work in that industry really have a lot of issues.

Why would you want to date someone in the adult entertainment industry though? Isn't that industry one of the primary ways that people destroy relationships?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Stuff like this can happen whether you date a stripper or say a banker. The problem could be him, he could have gifted this stuff to her and once she didn't want him anymore he wanted his stuff back. I've dated a stripper before, by the way. Like Tal said, lots of issues. I could post conversations we had that would sound like a comedy routine but really it's sad. Most of them come from very bad home lifes and end up with drug and alcohol problems.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
She kept his Harry Potter DVDs? =O That bites hardcore! But hey thats really stupid to give someone all your Potter movies anyway and he shoulda left them at home.
But no and since they are at her house and she didnt steal them the court will probably decide that they are hers.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Why would you want to date someone in the adult entertainment industry though? Isn't that industry one of the primary ways that people destroy relationships?
That's a fair point. I guess for some people that would add an element of excitement to their lives, and they would love the fact that someone that's normally so sexy and unattainable would even be dating them in the first place. Honestly though, if CO's experience is anything to go by, I just don't see how it would ever be worth it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
This story almost sounds too ridiculous to even be real. Are some Harry Potter DVD's and a couple grand really worth the legal fees and humiliation he is subjecting himself to? Maybe it's just me, but I would forget the stuff I gave her and keep the situation private. If she had any decency she should repay him, even if they were gifts. But it's kind of his fault for trusting a stripper.