Man shot at home of Danish cartoonist

Bjarki

Registered Member
Danish police have shot and wounded a man at the home of Kurt Westergaard, whose controversial cartoons of the prophet Muhammad sparked a storm of Muslim protest five years ago.
Danish media reported last night that Westergaard, 74, was at home near the city of Aarhus with his wife and grandchild when a 27-year-old Somalian man armed with a knife and axe tried to break in.
Chief superintendant Morten Jensen, from East Jutland police, said: "At 10pm a personal alarm was received from Mr Westergaard's house."
Officers found a man "armed with an axe and a knife in either hand," he said. "He broke a window of Mr Westergaard's house. He tried to attack one officer with an axe and he was shot in his right leg and his left arm." He said the man was not seriously injured and was now in custody.
In today's Jyllands-Posten, Westergaard described the incident: "He threatened to kill me. I ran out to the bathroom where our security room is. I was worried for my grandchild. I was afraid.
"I knew that I could not match him. So I alerted the police. It was scary. It was really close. But we did it. It was good."
Westergaard was moved to a safe place last night but was unable to say what the attempted attack would mean for his future.
"It is too early to say. I must speak with PET (Danish intelligence services) and then we will see," he said.

Intruder shot at home of Danish cartoonist | World news | guardian.co.uk
Are we winning the war on terror?
I don't know, everyday again things like this make the news. Today it was not just this assassination attempt, but also another suicide rampage in Pakistan which killed at least 32 people.. :shake:

On a slightly positive not: the suicide bombing was a retaliation against the local populace who had turned their backs on them (which is supposed to be happening more often lately throughout Pakistan). But meh.. it's going to be a nice 2010 :(

Last edited:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
The so called war on terror is not collecting enough information. the CIA and major inteligence agencies are trying to destroy Al Queda's command, and are only looking for big time attacks, like another 9/11. Any information regarding small time bombings and happenings aren't worth the time: they may compromise agents that have worked hard to get into a position to get info on BIG bombings.

Despite what many believe, the war on terror is really being done by the CIA, who, like I stated above, are more concerned with BIG bombings of our nations. With all honesty, bombings occuring on foreign soild are not considered a priority. Would you rather more agents be compromised for small time bombings, or would you rather they wait for when the big cahuna comes along on our own soil(s)?

Bjarki

Registered Member
The so called war on terror is not collecting enough information. the CIA and major inteligence agencies are trying to destroy Al Queda's command, and are only looking for big time attacks, like another 9/11. Any information regarding small time bombings and happenings aren't worth the time: they may compromise agents that have worked hard to get into a position to get info on BIG bombings.

Despite what many believe, the war on terror is really being done by the CIA, who, like I stated above, are more concerned with BIG bombings of our nations. With all honesty, bombings occuring on foreign soild are not considered a priority. Would you rather more agents be compromised for small time bombings, or would you rather they wait for when the big cahuna comes along on our own soil(s)?
Foreign soil as in? I think Pakistan has one of the best intelligence services in the world.. it's not a monopoly of the CIA..

The problem with most of the current attacks on western soil is that they are being conducted by loners, mostly without any help from the outside. That makes tracking them down a lot harder.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I wonder does this guy have the right to own a gun? To me it seems ridiculous to have a "security room" where you have to lock yourself up until help arrives.

Had it been me the police would have been called to clean up the mess and fill out their reports.

Last edited: