Man responsible for the anthrax attacks commits suicide.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The Associated Press: Anthrax scientist commits suicide as FBI closes in

WASHINGTON (AP) — A top U.S. biodefense researcher apparently committed suicide just as the Justice Department was about to file criminal charges against him in the anthrax mailings that traumatized the nation in the weeks following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, according to a published report.

The scientist, Bruce E. Ivins, 62, who worked for the past 18 years at the government's biodefense labs at Fort Detrick, Md., had been told about the impending prosecution, the Los Angeles Times reported for Friday editions. The laboratory has been at the center of the FBI's investigation of the anthrax attacks, which killed five people.

Ivins died Tuesday at Frederick (Md.) Memorial Hospital. The Times, quoting an unidentified colleague, said the scientist had taken a massive dose of a prescription Tylenol mixed with codeine.
What a coward. He couldn't even live up to his own actions. I wonder if we'll ever find out why he did it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't like it when they die before you get to hear what they have to say. It gives too much room for speculations.

said the scientist had taken a massive dose of a prescription Tylenol
I thought if you did this all it would do if mess up your stomach and you'll have to get your stomach pumped.

mixed with codeine.
Oh...

Since he was 62, it makes me wonder why he didn't just collect all his retirement money, go down to Mexico and hideout there for the rest of his days instead of committing suicide.

jack612

Registered Member
The Associated Press: Anthrax scientist commits suicide as FBI closes in

Ivins died Tuesday at Frederick (Md.) Memorial Hospital. The Times, quoting an unidentified colleague, said the scientist had taken a massive dose of a prescription Tylenol mixed with codeine.

What a coward. He couldn't even live up to his own actions. I wonder if we'll ever find out why he did it.
I wonder why he didn't just do it with anthrax :-/

I think that it's better that he's dead, because knowing our wonderful court system, he probably could have found a way to be innocent (he was temporarily mentally ill, he was depressed, he was bored...).

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I was listening to this on the radio this morning, apparently, it was him and another scientist responsible for the attacks. The other case was settled for millions of dollars if I understood it correctly. I guess this guy did not want to spend jail time at his age or maybe did not want to live with the reputation this would have brought upon him.

did anyone read the article? its not for sure that he did it first of all and the guy who settled for millions was a guy that they harshly investigated innapporpriately before that was innocent.... it's entirely possible that he didnt do it and killed himself because he felt like he lost everything anyway by the governments tactics...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
So he killed himself when he found out they were going to file criminal charges for anthrax. He did it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Unless someone else killed him and made it look like suicide....dun, dun, dun...

And the conspiracy theories begin..... :lol:

You'd think people who are brave enough to do horrible things would be brave enough to own their responsibility.